Black Twitter going in on disgraceful Good Times animated Netflix reboot

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It’s interesting, in the book industry more and more covers with real Black people on them are being replaced with goofy cartoon depictions.

This show feels like more of the same. Anything that’s at least somewhat culturally poignant for Black folks gets turned into a goofy cartoon.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
If you really want to show how you feel about this depiction of our people, you will not only complain about it and not watch it, you will also cancel your Netflix subscription too. That is how you truly show you will not accept the BS time they are all on. You take your dollars somewhere else.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
two different threads in less than 24 hours

yall already proving you cant control yourselves. hate watching gonna guarantee the second season of a show concept you despise

learn the game and start playing it :hubie:
If we ignored everything that wasn't in our best interest, wtf would we talk about. I feel like people are intelligent enough to not actually watch the show. They deserve to be exposed in order to get backlash and criticism.

Head in sand mentality aint gon do shyt. I'll take one stars and negs all day :birdman:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
If we ignored everything that wasn't in our best interest, wtf would we talk about. I feel like people are intelligent enough to not actually watch the show. They deserve to be exposed in order to get backlash and criticism.

Head in sand mentality aint gon do shyt. I'll take one stars and negs all day :birdman:

I hate the “ignoring” solution because it isnt effective.

It’s kind of lazy tbh. Like if you were getting bullied, you’re just gona “ignore” the bully

:mjlol:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
So in control of hiring and didn’t hire black animators, writers, and director

Dude had the keys, enabled and paid white folks to create a racist show
Again he was one of the producers… Doubt he has anything to do with hiring… yall nikkas doing that strong reach… A producer credit on any show or movie means you put up the money for the show.. basically what venture capitalist do

the elastic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Again he was one of the producers… Doubt he has anything to do with hiring… yall nikkas doing that strong reach… A producer credit on any show or movie means you put up the money for the show.. basically what venture capitalist do
WWYD if you were exec producing a project and found out it was pure c00nery?

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nah that's disrespectful to pitch this as 'good times' reboot. the original show represented the struggle, but also promoted values and upliftment. this is like casting clayton bixby as mlk.

if they're going to make it a mockery comedy then change the name. don't do this disservice to our classics.

the elastic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
nah that's disrespectful to pitch this as 'good times' reboot. the original show represented the struggle, but also promoted values and upliftment. this is like casting clayton bixby as mlk.

if they're going to make it a mockery comedy then change the name. don't do this disservice to our classics.
This shyt gonna flop HARD