Black Panther is overpowered

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Thanks! Can't rep right now but I will get you. Only have general stuff like civil war, secret invasion, etc. Also have doom wars, world war hulk, and some random stuff. No specific black panther stuff tho.

Is Black Panther in civil war?

Yea he has a tie in to the story, written by Hudlin. He and Storm had a pretty good showing imo.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't think he's really overpowered though. Batman is overpowered. Black Panther is really on the same tier with his counterparts...Doom, Namor, Cap to an extent, Stark to a lesser extent...the rich, resourceful, powerful, intelligent mofos. But he shouldn't be able to go toe-to-toe with Marvel Cosmic. That's why most of his qualms are with dudes those same arrogant, super-intelligent a$$holes.

For the movie though, I hope they don't make him like Batman, besides, Moon Knight is the rich, semi-powerful, crazy counterpart. I think they should go king-protecting-kingdom-from-invaders, by any means. This at least portrays him with some sense of honor.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I disagree that Black Panther is over-powered. He just has good feats of intelligence. I don't remember T'Challa actually beating Hulk on many occasions, but maybe outsmarting him(which many have done). As for Thor being shook of him. I doubt it.

But in my opinion his fight with Silver Surfer should not have happened the way it did. One of his best showings imo was with Mephisto.

Word!

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T'Challa is not overpowered. He stays in his lane unless it directly affects him or Wakanda and he uses EVERYTHING to his advantage. He's taken his fare share of L's in his history including during the legendary Priest run, which is considered the modern day definitive version of Black Panther.

But like most said, he's near Cap, physically. He's probably top ten in the MU in hand to hand combat and he's arguably top five in intelligence, wealth and resources. What sets him apart from most is he has a ruthless streak. He isn't a super hero, he's a monarch and he will do some grey shyt to accomplish his goals. He took a L in Doom War but ultimately beat Doom by doing the one thing Victor NEVER expected him to do.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black panther and prep time should go hand and hand to be honest, more so than batman if you ask me.

Black panther isn't OP but he's one of the few hero's that use common sense which makes him extremely deadly.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You just have to wonder what they are foing to do to make a character named Black Panther more white/white children friendly:mjpls:...This aint quite the same scenario as Blade....ill be more confident this movie wont flop if that Ant Man movie does well:mjlol:...the character as yall describe him i dont know if it makes him less marketable....they might make him a physical beast,but intelligent,confrontational and feared:comeon:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
I don't think he's really overpowered though. Batman is overpowered. Black Panther is really on the same tier with his counterparts...Doom, Namor, Cap to an extent, Stark to a lesser extent...the rich, resourceful, powerful, intelligent mofos. But he shouldn't be able to go toe-to-toe with Marvel Cosmic. That's why most of his qualms are with dudes those same arrogant, super-intelligent a$$holes.

For the movie though, I hope they don't make him like Batman, besides, Moon Knight is the rich, semi-powerful, crazy counterpart. I think they should go king-protecting-kingdom-from-invaders, by any means. This at least portrays him with some sense of honor.

this is a tough one:patrice:

in a 1v1 fight he could take cap

but b\put him up against doom or stark ... idk. doom is only behind strange and loki in magic use(from what i know) and bleeding edge is all kinds of crazy

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
:dwillhuh: Thor isn't shook of BP breh....and I don't he has ever beat the hulk 1 on 1 either. Everything else you said though (except for BP not being marvel's batman) :blessed: black excellence

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
BP is overpowered, but a cac with no powers in a bat costume who can beat any super hero in his own universe isn't?