Black Mother in Texas gets 5 years in Prison for voting...

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop getting emotional and use logic here breh. As black people in America we should already know the system is harsher towards us. Like here in NYC if i get caught carrying an illegal firearm, that's a mandatory 3 years. Not everyone gets the full 3, but since I'm black I'm automatically assuming I'll get that 3. So therefore I don't carry no illegal firearm. It's that simple. The laws are ridiculous, but hey it is what it is.

Not saying it's justice, just saying it's stupid on her end. People need to learn the law and ask questions and Google shyt. We got mini computers in our pockets, a quick Google search could've helped her. We get accused of using the race card and being emotional all the time, I'm just playing devil's advocate and using logic here. If I'm a felon I'm not even thinking of voting. Obviously I have more important matters if I have a PO to report to.

Think about what you're saying breh. Spitting on the sidewalk is "against the law." If some racist legislature started giving black people LIFE for for it, would you still be rambling about how dumb the defendants are or would you be outraged at the ridiculous law?

I think in some cases it makes more sense to criticize and protest unjust laws (and unjust APPLICATION) of said laws, than to shrug shoulders and say "well, it is what it is, they should've known better."

I'm just playing devil's advocate

Cool. I'll stop responding to you now.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
That's in North Carolina. And that has nothing to do with nothing. What was the purpose of this post?
who cares if it's a different state? I just gave you an example of a white woman getting off for committing voter fraud.

You said it had nothing to do with race. 5 years for this is out of line

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Think about what you're saying breh. Spitting on the sidewalk is "against the law." If some racist legislature started giving black people LIFE for for it, would you still be rambling about how dumb the defendants are or would you be outraged at the ridiculous law?

I think in some cases it makes more sense to criticize and protest unjust laws (and unjust APPLICATION) of said laws, than to shrug shoulders and say "well, it is what it is, they should've known better."

Every state is different. Each state has their stupid laws. I'm not defending the law, just saying in this particular instance I don't understand why she had to vote being as though she's a felon. I though it was common knowledge that felons can't vote under most circumstances. But whatever I'm over this topic.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
who cares if it's a different state? I just gave you an example of a white woman getting off for committing voter fraud.

You said it had nothing to do with race. 5 years for this is out of line

Breh, this is Amerikkka. Why are you still surprised about shyt like this? :mindblown:

You must be young. Us older jaded brehs ain't sitting here like :gladbron: every time some injustice happens. Police fukking beat the shyt out of Rodney King for however long over a tail light and got away with it. You think any of this other shyt still surprises me. This is Amerikkka.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps

Cool. I'll stop responding to you now.
To compound on what you wrote, legal don’t always mean right

Slavery was once legal

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Breh, this is Amerikkka. Why are you still surprised about shyt like this? :mindblown:

You must be young. Us older jaded brehs ain't sitting here like :gladbron: every time some injustice happens. Police fukking beat the shyt out of Rodney King for however long over a tail light and got away with it. You think any of this other shyt still surprises me. This is Amerikkka.
This is real

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

You post like you are bipolar, have a nice day:salute:

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
If she had known it was illegal, Crystal Mason said she would have never cast a vote in the 2016 presidential election.

The 43-year-old former tax preparer hadn’t even planned on voting until her mother encouraged her to do it. She had only recently been released from federal prison for a 2012 tax fraud conviction, in which she pleaded guilty to inflating returns for her clients, her attorney, J. Warren St. John, told The Washington Post.

She was still on community supervision at the time of the election — but no one, including her probation officer, St. John said, ever told her that being a felon on supervision meant she couldn’t vote under Texas law.

Texas woman sentenced to 5 years in prison for voting while on probation