BLACK Mississippi Student Forced To Share Valedictorian Title With WHITE STUDENT Who Had LOWER GPA

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
What :wtf:

Jasmine-Shepard.jpg

Jasmine Shepard was the top of her class and had the highest GPA, but her Mississippi high school forced her to “share” the title with students whose GPAs were lower. The school has never done something like this before, but they’ve also never had a black valedictorian before. She and her family think it’s because of her race.

“Prior to 2016, all of Cleveland High School’s valedictorians were white,” a lawsuit against the school says, according to The Washington Post. “As a result of the school official’s unprecedented action of making an African-American student share the valedictorian award with a white student, the defendants discriminated against.”

Shepard was also forced to deliver her speech to students after the white student and would have been forced to walk behind the girl as well if Jasmine hadn’t protested. However, Jasmine doesn’t want to see backlash against the other student, saying that the young woman is “the kindest-hearted, sweetest person.”

The Cleveland School District, through an attorney, is calling the suit “frivolous” claiming the students had identical “grade point averages.”

Her mother said that it was easy to calculate the classmate’s GPA and verify if the two matched.

“These children have been attending school with each other since middle school,” she said. “We know the schedule, we know what they take, and we have a good idea where the discrepancy lies.”

“A child, when they earn honors, they are entitled to receive them,” her mother continued.

According to Jasmine’s mother, racial tensions are prevalent in the school district. In 2016, a federal judge ruled that the district failed to desegregate schools despite the 50-year-old Brown v. Topeka Board of Education decision ordering them to.

The school tried to fight the order but ultimately gave up.

Shepard’s lawsuit demands unspecified damages and to be correctly named “sole valedictorian.”

A Facebook page has been set up to demand Justice for Jasmine.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/blac...had-lower-gpa/

The day before Jasmine Shepard graduated from Cleveland High School in Cleveland, Miss., in May 2016, the school awarded her and a white student the title “co-valedictorian,” according to the suit filed Tuesday in federal court in the Northern District of Mississippi. This was a first in the 110-year history of the school, the suit said, and the decision was made.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
That's a shame, but need more info on the GPA's.

It's not that I disagree, but it's hard to get riled up about this without the details.

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Bish please let this Queen get the glory #BlackExcellence :blessed:

Keeping making 'em mad :obama:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
They dikked my little sister too. She was top of her class and they did some fukk shyt. Of course I was about to act an ass but my sister wanted me to re-frame from it. She ended up winning tho. Top ivy school and no school debt. fukk them nikkas man.

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I would normally say "nah it's the everybody-gets-a-trophy" culture, but then with this

"Shepard was also forced to deliver her speech to students after the white student and would have been forced to walk behind the girl as well if Jasmine hadn’t protested."

I think that's very telling.