Black Media Takes Another Hit: The Black News Channel is Shutting Down...

Daps

BYRON ALLEN'S 'THE GRIO TELEVISION NETWORK' LAUNCHES NEWS BLOCK FEATURING EBONI K. WILLIAMS AND MARC LAMONT HILL​

Daily Two-Hour News Block 'TheGrio with Eboni K. Williams' and 'TheGrio with Marc Lamont Hill' Debuts Monday October 24th
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 21, 2022 Allen Media Group's African American-focused news, lifestyle, sports and entertainment platform theGrio (www.thegrio.com) is proud to announce the launch of THE GRIO WITH EBONI K. WILLIAMS and THE GRIO WITH MARC LAMONT HILL on Monday, October 24, 2022. The daily two-hour news block from America's largest Black newsroom will feature critical news and information in the U.S. and around the world. Reaching over 50 million television households, plus 250 million device users, these two news programs will also be available on demand via the TheGrio Streaming App. Hosted by lawyer, author and television personality Eboni K. Williams and author, activist, and scholar Marc Lamont Hill, each one-hour program brings a unique perspective and analysis of world news and events

“reaching over 50 million television households, plus 250 million device users”

Marc Lamont Hill the “scholar”

:mjlol:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Ahh...this is where this Ebony Williams comes from.

She's been a popular topic on TLR this week and I had no idea who she was.
If the past history pattern holds true, this controversy has put her on the wider radar. Like Dr Umar stripper story and Roland dancing .

Though I find nothing remotely controversial about a female attorney who has touched tv money answering questions about her dating preference.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I think this might mark the end of Black centered news on television.

Generally Black focused news programs get the most light during election years. A few short lived news/politics based shows made their debuts ahead of election years.

url

main_hdr.jpg

Shortly after the elections, viewers tuned out and the shows were cancelled.

I catch thegrio tv channel every now and then. Their news programming was set up like the old Jet magazine used to be. Accessible, covered soft news, entertainment, etc along with real news. They were trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, with hosts who already known by the general audience.

And despite all that, the audience was just not there .

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I think this might mark the end of Black centered news on television.

Generally Black focused news programs get the most light during election years. A few short lived news/politics based shows made their debuts ahead of election years.

url

main_hdr.jpg

Shortly after the elections, viewers tuned out and the shows were cancelled.

I catch thegrio tv channel every now and then. Their news programming was set up like the old Jet magazine used to be. Accessible, covered soft news, entertainment, etc along with real news. They were trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, with hosts who already known by the general audience.

And despite all that, the audience was just not there .

They weren’t advertising properly. 🤷🏾‍♀️

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
You get more black news from the coli than u can get from the grio it seems

Im sorry to say but black people will yell about where’s our news but we wont even watch it if it is on tv one/bet today…

Entertainment news 24/7 and nothing but hot gossip bullshyt we right there

Times have change

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

Im sorry to say but black people will yell about where’s our news but we wont even watch it if it is on tv one/bet today…

Times have change
True.

Roland Martin has like 1mill subs, though 🤷🏾‍♀️

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

Times have change
Yeah people are trying. Folk don’t want to watch it tho. The black news channel was one of the most daring because they literally had correspondents across the country doing news. I know a lot of folks that got let go though and that shyt sucked. I thought about applying one time, I’m glad I didn’t