Black man buys toy gun in wal-mart, gets shot and killed by cops in wal-mart

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
tumblr_nbp5mgHWIW1sxewqpo1_1280.jpg

A lot of good work has been done to get justice for Mike Brown and the people of Ferguson but we have a similar situation on our hands here in Ohio. John Crawford’s death hasn’t gained nearly as much attention even within our own state. Please join @ohiostudents as we demand justice for this young man’s death. If you’ve been looking for a way to get involved but wasn’t sure how this is a great opportunity. Please register for the event. Also share this graphic across your own social media pages.

geniro

Reblog

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
How police treated a dangerous “open carry” zealotsalon.com

This piece at Salon makes very clear a point I’ve made before: White men with guns are patriotic activists who should be afforded every courtest as they exercise their rights while black men with guns are dangerous thugs who should be apprehended or simply shot on sight:

Here’s an actual example — an example ofgood policing — that you should contrast with the example of John Crawford’s shooting by police in an Ohio Wal*Mart:

Here’s what happened. It was a Sunday afternoon about 4 p.m. when Kalamazoo 9-1-1 got several calls from citizens concerned about an intoxicated man with a gun walking around a coin laundry and “stumbling around a little bit and kind of bumping into some stuff” on the street. The police arrived shortly and confronted the man by saying, “Hey, partner, how you doing? Can you set that down real quick and talk to me?” (The officer didn’t have his gun drawn.) The armed man refused to set it down. The officer told him that he was jaywalking and was being detained. At that point the officer radioed that the armed man would not drop the weapon. He tells the man again that he just wants to talk to him and says, “You’re walking around here scaring people, man.”

A second police car arrives at the scene. The man refuses to identify himself and demands to know if he’s free to go and the officer says no, that he is resisting and obstructing, a misdemeanor, for jaywalking and failing to identify himself. The man says, “Why don’t you fukking shoot me?” The officer gently replies, “I don’t want to shoot you; I’m not here to do that.”

This back and forth continues, with the man refusing to give up his gun and the cops patiently trying to talk him down from his position. The whole time he’s rambling about revolution and accusing the cops of being “gang members.” It becomes clear that he has conceived this drunken episode as an “open carry” demonstration. He’s proving to the community how important it is that “good guys” be allowed to carry guns on the street to protect themselves.

Soon 12 police are on the scene, including a supervisor and SWAT negotiator. The street is shut down in both directions. Police recordings describe the man as agitated and hostile and although he is holding his gun at “parade rest” he’s switching it back and forth and fumbling in his pockets for chewing tobacco. After much discussion, he finally agrees to give up the weapon.

Do the police then instantly swarm him and wrestle him to the ground? Do they handcuff him, throw him in the back of the police car and arrest him for the trouble he’s caused? Did he get roughed up or put in a chokehold for resisting arrest and being uncooperative?

None of that happened to this man. The police took his gun and then said he could have it back immediately if he agreed to take a breathalyzer test on the spot. (You can be arrested for carrying a firearm while intoxicated in Michigan if you blow a .08 or above, the same legal limit for DUI.) The man refused. They carried on for a while longer with the man objecting to having his gun taken away even as the police explain that he is free to walk home and retrieve it at the police station the next day. They spar over whether he’s mentally unstable and if it’s a good idea for him to “demonstrate” this way, particularly being hostile to the police. He finally apologizes and leaves the scene without his gun. No charges were filed. Nobody was hurt. He got his gun back.

Reminder: If you’re white, you can carry a gun around town and drunkenly shout at police officers, even encourage them to shoot you. If you’re not white, and even if you’re unarmed, you might be shot to death by police because someone is suspicious of you, because you’re suspected of a minor crime, or just because you were rude to a police officer

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Doubts cast on witness's account of black man killed by police in Walmart | World news | The Guardiantheguardian.com

"The Crawfords’ attorneys told the Guardian that they had learned the preliminary findings of an autopsy were that he was shot in the back of his left arm and in his left side, supporting their claim that he was turned away from the police officer who shot him.

They have pleaded with Mike DeWine, Ohio’s attorney general, to release the store’s surveillance footage of the shooting to the public. Having viewed it, they say that it disproves Ritchie’s version of what led to the deaths of both Crawford and a 37-year-old woman who collapsed and died in the ensuing panic.

“It was an execution, no doubt about it,” alleged Crawford’s father, John Crawford II. “It was flat-out murder. And when you see the footage, it will illustrate that.”

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
“John was doing nothing wrong in Walmart, nothing more, nothing less than shopping.”

That’s Michael Wright, an attorney representing the family of John Crawford III, who was shot and killed by police in an Ohio Wal*Mart last month. Wright insists that the account presented by police and the former Marine who called 911 is contradicted by video surveillance footage:

The attorney said surveillance video showed Crawford facing away from officers, talking on the phone, and leaning on the pellet gun like a cane when he was “shot on sight” in a “militaristic” response by police.

So, yeah. That sounds an awful lot like murder.

It’s interesting the way this story has pretty much vanished from the news since it happened a few days before another police officer in a different state murdered another unarmed young black man
:wow:

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
It was a Sunday afternoon about 4 p.m. when Kalamazoo 9-1-1 got several calls from citizens concerned about an intoxicated man with a gun walking around a coin laundry and “stumbling around a little bit and kind of bumping into some stuff” on the street. The police arrived shortly and confronted the man by saying, “Hey, partner, how you doing? Can you set that down real quick and talk to me?” :huh:(The officer didn’t have his gun drawn.)

“Why don’t you fukking shoot me?” :blink:The officer gently replies, “I don’t want to shoot you; I’m not here to do that.”
:mindblown: I dont get it....are we just not humans to them or what? How come they didnt puff their chest out and go ham on this guy?

meanwhile some kid carrying a fukkin KNIFE is shot dead in St. Louis >> Video of Cops murdering another black man in St Louis

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Doubts cast on witness's account of black man killed by police in Walmart | World news | The Guardiantheguardian.com

"The Crawfords’ attorneys told the Guardian that they had learned the preliminary findings of an autopsy were that he was shot in the back of his left arm and in his left side, supporting their claim that he was turned away from the police officer who shot him.

They have pleaded with Mike DeWine, Ohio’s attorney general, to release the store’s surveillance footage of the shooting to the public. Having viewed it, they say that it disproves Ritchie’s version of what led to the deaths of both Crawford and a 37-year-old woman who collapsed and died in the ensuing panic.

“It was an execution, no doubt about it,” alleged Crawford’s father, John Crawford II. “It was flat-out murder. And when you see the footage, it will illustrate that.”
They do not want to release that footage.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Ritchie also said he has learned of past criminal allegations against Crawford – which were later dropped – but he refused to tell the Guardian whether he learned about them from the attorney general’s office. A spokesman for DeWine also declined to say whether officials in the attorney general’s office had told the witness about Crawford’s court record.

Wright said the video showed Crawford walking around the store with the unpackaged BB/pellet rifle he picked up in the toy department and carried as he spoke on a cell phone with the mother of his two children. His father and Wright said the video showed Crawford carrying the BB gun in his left hand, pointed at the floor, except when he momentarily swung the rifle to his shoulder.

They said other shoppers showed no concern as they walked past Crawford, although Ritchie said he and his wife were alarmed when the muzzle pointed in their direction. “Even still, it’s a gun in Walmart, in a public place, inducing panic,” Ritchie said. Crawford’s family said Ohio’s “open carry” law would have permitted him to carry a full-power firearm through the store – as some gun-rights activists have done at Walmart and other retailers without incident.

Wright said the video does not show Crawford attempting to flee or reach for his weapon – which he knew was an unloaded toy gun.

smh

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
tumblr_nbp9dePk6X1rfgmbqo1_1280.jpg

"It’s really amazing to see the energy and passion certain black people will put into “honoring” a dead white person but when it comes time to speak about or even post about the atrocities committed against their own people, all you get is silence. Like I scroll down some of my black friends pages and all over they have posts saying RIP Robin Williams or Joan rivers but won’t post shyt about mike brown, John Crawford, and so many others. We suffer from such an inferiority complex that the life of a white person is more valuable than any black boy. The effects of slavery present itself everyday in Blacks folks. When shall we overcome? "

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Man who called police claiming John Crawford pointed a rifle at Wal-Mart shoppers changes his story one month later

The “witness”, Ronald Ritchie, now claims, “At no point did he shoulder the weapon and point it at somebody.” The store’s surveillance footage of Crawford’s actions before his death also disproves Ritchie’s story.

Source