#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
:leon:

‘Black Lightning’ To End With Season 4 On the CW
November 20, 2020 10:16am

The end for Black Lightning is in sight. The CW confirmed today that the superhero drama will end with the upcoming fourth season, which is set to premiere early next year.

The move follows the network’s announcement last week that it is planning a planted spinoff of the series titled Painkiller, starring Jordan Calloway who will reprise his role as the titular character. The episode will air during upcoming fourth and final season of Black Lightning. Painkiller is written, directed and executive produced by Salim Akil, who also has been the driving creative force behind Black Lightning as executive producer/.showrunner.

Black Lighting, which originated at Fox before migrating to the CW, broke ground as the first DC superhero series with a Black lead. It is the second DC drama on the CW to end their run this season, along with Supergirl. The network is adding Superman & Lois to the schedule this season and has Wonder Girl in the works, along with Painkiller.

“When we first started the Black Lighting journey, I knew that Jefferson Pierce and his family of powerful Black Women would be a unique addition to the super hero genre,” Akil said in a statement. “The love that Blerds and all comic book fans around the globe have shown this series over the past three seasons proved what we imagined, Black People Want To See Themselves in all their complexities.

Thank you to the phenomenal cast, writers and crew without whom none of this would’ve been possible. I’m incredibly proud of the work we’ve been able to do and the moments we’ve been able to create in bringing DC’s first African-American family of super heroes to life for the culture.

I’m very grateful to Peter Roth, Warner Bros. TV, Mark Pedowitz, The CW Network and Greg Berlanti for their partnership and support of my vision at every step of this journey. While Season Four may be the end of one journey, I’m extremely excited to usher in a new chapter and continued collaboration with The CW as we tell the story of Painkiller.”

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Do we even get a static cameo?!?:what:
giphy.gif

Brer Dog

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I saw the painkiller spin-off coming a mile away. Bro was the best and most interesting part of boring azz S3

:russ: They probably gonna bring back Nafessa (as black bird), Krondon and Chantal, as well. A superhero show where the the titular character is as boring as this won't last long.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
reminds me, ive been meaning to watch season 3 all damn year

i need to get on that

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Funny how a lot of posters here in the film room especially complain about not having a Masculine, intelligent, heroic black male who loves his family be portrayed in mainstream cinema/television and here we have one and its all “he’s boring and corny” complaints and bytching:unimpressed:

Very interesting indeed:mjpls:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I'm surprised by this :dwillhuh:

Black Lightning was easily one of the best CW superhero shows and had an all around good cast. They had some of the best villains with Tobias and :ufdup: during Season 3 to be an a$$hole to everyone. Show addressed real issues, had one of the best depictions of a black family, and a killer soundtrack.

I knew the ratings weren't the best, but still surprised to see it come to an end :to:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Surprised Legends is surviving all the cancellations when they've really been the weakest of the bunch. Last season there were a bunch of episodes where MAGA Sara wasn't even in it and she's the leader :gucci:

There's literally no more CW JL anymore when half the table will be gone next year :mjlol:

Barry next year gonna be like

2hqp9s.jpg