full

boots up Game Maker Studio 2

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Hey folks, Noyemi Karlaitė (aka PMD Noyemi) here. I'm kind of an all-trades developer—I do all the art, code, and music for my games and I'm working on bigger projects every few years. I released Amihailu in Dreamland on steam late last year and started a new project, and in-between developing my projects I've been making music for Visual Novels and documenting Japanese FM sound APIs.

This year I'm working on getting a playable build of my new strategy RPG/sim adventure game Sugar Bunny and Friends, or Sugar Bunny for short.

The World
The game takes place 26 years after Amihailu accidentally brought her friends into the plane of Tumydorado. A landmass called Lumina floating in Tumydorado's endless sunset void is now home to roughly 3 million human inhabitants—lost spirits leaked in from Hell, wandering plane-hoppers, and a handful of explorers from powerful demon clans looking for more land and subjects to take control of. There also exists a large and growing contingent of natively born residents actively resistant to outplane affairs. With such wildly different and powerful interests at play, it's only a matter of time before tensions boil into full-blown civil war in the "nation" of Lumina.

The Gameplay
Sugar Bunny
will feature an intertwining of simulation game elements (relationships, reputation, statistics management) with an accessible take on strategic gameplay using Zones of Control in lieu of the more granular unit positioning found in other tactical isometric games. The combat system is subject to change, but the idea is that battles shouldn't last too long and these two aspects of the game should play into each other.

tktQUG6.gif
ZJ7uZhb.gif

Sugar Bunny stars Kekolu (shown above), a technically minded rabbit-demon who is obsessed with computing and firearms. She basically sees socializing as another technical challenge, so she has a weird idea of what constitutes an approachable person.

Technical Data and Screenshots

Sugar Bunny is a 2D isometric game running at 720p, but may feature larger resolutions for fullscreen if the user does not like the look of the game scaled. The game's also optimized to make sure it does not dip below 60FPS (the game consistently benches much, much higher than that, especially after the first couple of optimization passes)

The music and sound effects are made with the heavy use of FM synthesizers.

dBPigQl.png

ddBjAMM.gif

01yc09E.gif

Videos and other Media

Music: Lumina at Night 1
Music: Zone of Control
Immun Ward

Support Development on Patreon

You can support the development of the game on my patreon. Whether it's to fund development of this game, tip me for my other projects, or just because you want some music for yourself. Hopefully a demo will be out soon for everyone to try!
Will this be on Steam or is there a KS I can support?