Black Father, 23, dies from coronavirus after being sent home twice from Chicago hospital

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because medical institutions never believe black people.
I gotta imagine that some of the staff is black. But hospitals in general, I feel like if you want to be seen in the er, you really have to play a fool and work up those symptoms. Start coughing, start becoming insistent. shyt, my wife had kidney stones and she had to wait 3 hours.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I gotta imagine that some of the staff is black. But hospitals in general, I feel like if you want to be seen in the er, you really have to play a fool and work up those symptoms. Start coughing, start becoming insistent. shyt, my wife had kidney stones and she had to wait 3 hours.
Historically they’ve never believed black peoples pain.

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
R.I.P to this man anyone still stating that only the elderly and obese/sick people die from this is foolish

can legal action be taken against that hospital?

Striving For Greatness

Get Certs or Die Tryin
Daps
I had to deal with something similar

I tested positive for corona last month. I posted about this in the corona mega thread. Tried to get a test at first . Doc said I looked perfectly fine and acted like I was faking it:dwillhuh:

Had to go through another 2 docs to get a test approved. I got at risk parents I live with too. Fukk. This is like the 10th story I've seen from one of us dying because the hospitals lack of treatment

:mjcry:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I dont think 80k ppl died in the first 2months of ww2

80 k is ridiculous amount of innocent ppl when you sit back and think about

Those 80k were alive before march 13
Crazy

Shyt makes 911 look nothing

Trump gotta be held accountable.

Fred
I've been saying this playa. My "trump is a murderer" thread got one starred by a bunch of Trump supporters...but it's already been established that 90% of the coronavirus deaths America has had could of been prevented had he acted sooner in locking down the country

Experts: 90 percent of US coronavirus deaths could have been avoided if measures taken just two weeks earlier

HE is responsible for the deaths of 80,000 with his criminal negligence. Trump deserves to be locked behind bars for the rest of his life.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
I had to deal with something similar

I tested positive for corona last month. I posted about this in the corona mega thread. Tried to get a test at first . Doc said I looked perfectly fine and acted like I was faking it:dwillhuh:

Had to go through another 2 docs to get a test approved. I got at risk parents I live with too. Fukk. This is like the 10th story I've seen from one of us dying because the hospitals lack of treatment
Sorry you had to go through that breh. :mjcry:

How exactly does the testing process work? I heard they just stick cotton swabs in your nose and send it to the lab or something. But if that’s the case, I’m baffled as to how it’s so hard to get tested in America. I get that they don’t want hospitals packed with people requesting tests just because they’re paranoid, but testing doesn’t sound that complicated or expensive