Black Father, 23, dies from coronavirus after being sent home twice from Chicago hospital

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Chicago+virus+death.JPG

:mjcry:

Deshaun Taylor, 23, had been battling his COVID-19 symptoms from his home in Chicago. His sister, Ebony Taylor, became worried Tuesday when she couldn’t reach him.

"His phone kept going to voicemail, so that kind of worried me and I rushed to the house," she said.

Ebony Taylor found her brother unresponsive in his room. The young father, who worked as an assisted living safety coordinator, died on the way to the hospital.

"It’s still a lot now. I can’t get that image out of my face,” Ebony Taylor said. “I didn’t think that day, of me coming to the house, will have been my goodbye.”

Deshaun Taylor’s family, including his eight siblings, have some questions over his treatment at Little Company of Mary Hospital in the days before his death. The 23-year-old had asthma and diabetes and, therefore, was at high risk from COVID-19.

Father, 23, dies from coronavirus after being sent home twice from Chicago hospital

Daps
Every death that happens from this virus can be traced back to the lack of action from Trump.

Rest in peace to that brother. Every time they report the number is close to 80,000 remember these are ppl. Every time I see the number, I think about how my cousin is a part of that number.

These are people not statistics

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
I had to deal with something similar

I tested positive for corona last month. I posted about this in the corona mega thread. Tried to get a test at first . Doc said I looked perfectly fine and acted like I was faking it:dwillhuh:

Had to go through another 2 docs to get a test approved. I got at risk parents I live with too. Fukk. This is like the 10th story I've seen from one of us dying because the hospitals lack of treatment

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:birdman:Negging any c00n who argues this ain't a big deal for black folks and we should rush back to work.
Why are you being specific though? Those are two different things sir that don't have anything to do with each other.