Black entrepreneur to donate $95 Million to Coastal Carolina U./* Ducktale Hall of Fame

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Anonymous donor to give $95M to Coastal Carolina University

July 27th 2020
c08e56bd-3266-4559-b5df-6b7c40a1a730-large16x9_CCUSign.PNG

CCU, Coastal Carolina University (WPDE file)
email.svg

CONWAY, S.C. (WPDE) — “This transformational gift will forever impact Coastal Carolina University.”

CCU President David A. DeCenzo, Ph.D. says, “We are extremely grateful for the donor’s faith in the University’s mission. Without question, this donation will provide tremendous financial support for Coastal Carolina’s future growth and development.”

Coastal Carolina University says it has secured a $95 million planned gift from an anonymous donor, who is identified as a Black entrepreneur and philanthropist under the age of 30, who lives in Alabama with a background in financial services and agriculture.

The University says the gift will provide future funding for both academic and athletic programs.

The donor’s finance and legal teams, as well as his financial consulting company, have worked diligently with CCU’s Office for Philanthropy to finalize the details of this major financial commitment, the university says.

The school says the donor is "committed to initiatives that support the health and betterment of communities. He is also involved with several institutions in Alabama, including Miles College, one of the nation’s historically Black colleges and universities (HBCU). In addition, he is exploring supporting other HBCUs in neighboring states for further substantive philanthropic efforts."

“Coastal Carolina is an up-and-coming university on the verge of greatness,” said the donor. “During my visit to campus, I was struck by its overall beauty and cordial atmosphere. With its proximity to Myrtle Beach and strong academic and athletic programs, I firmly believe Coastal Carolina is well on its way to becoming recognized as one of the top public, liberal arts institutions in the nation. It is my sincere hope that this gift will serve as impetus for others to fully support this wonderful university.

Last edited:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
If you donating almost 100 million, you gotta be a billionaire or going for broke.