Black entrepreneur to donate $95 Million to Coastal Carolina U./* Ducktale Hall of Fame

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
must be a cac trying to hide behind a black man's image. this sounds very hoax-like :patrice:

Why would a white man pretend to be black and give money to a college tho?!?:what::dahell: that makes no sense... could it be possible someone black really sitting on money like that which no one knows about??? :ld:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Why would a white man pretend to be black and give money to a college tho?!?:what::dahell: that makes no sense... could it be possible someone black really sitting on money like that which no one knows about??? :ld:
the militant train is never late. Im wrong, you're right breh :unimpressed:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
UPDATE JUNE 2023

*full report referenced in article below

June 22, 2023

Donor Drama Costs Coastal Carolina Major Gift​

Coastal Carolina University was set to receive a $95 million donation in 2020, the largest gift in its history, but the anonymous donor backed out months later. Now an investigation by The Myrtle Beach Sun News has found that the donor changed course because he felt disrespected by university officials, accusing them of racism, which they have denied.
Though the university shielded the name of the donor to honor his request for anonymity, the Sun News identified him as Gregory Gerami, a Black businessman who owns a company in Alabama.

According to an interview with the outlet, Gerami’s motivations for the $95 million gift were unusual. He had no ties to Coastal Carolina but told the newspaper that he made the donation because he had “tax things” to offset and was dating someone affiliated with the university.

Gerami said it wasn’t his tenuous ties to the university that made him back off but rather interactions that he believed were racist—which were not detailed in the report—and inappropriate personal questions from officials that he felt were not relevant to the donation.
“I just decided enough is enough, and this isn’t working for me,” Gerami told the newspaper. “I have no ill feelings toward Coastal. I just think we were doing too much and weren’t dating long enough to be spending that kind of money on dates, if that makes any sense.”
Though the total gift was worth $95 million, $38.5 million was slated to be donated immediately, with the remainder organized as part of Gerami’s will, to be paid out upon his death, according to information unearthed by the Sun News via Freedom of Information Act requests.

While CCU announced it has severed ties with the donor, Gerami suggested that Coastal Carolina remains in his will for now.
“If I die tomorrow, and the bank or lawyer or our estate calls, and the lawyer or banker says, ‘Hey, there’s $95 million for you,’ they would take it,” Gerami told the newspaper. “I promise you that.”
:snoop:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
He was obviously lying.

More to the point, any Black man or woman donating millions to a non-HBCU should be looked at with scrutiny (Dr. Dre’s c00nery is nothing short of astounding).
You wouldn't donate to your undergrad or law school, even for scholarships earmarked for Black students from your home city?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He was obviously lying.

More to the point, any Black man or woman donating millions to a non-HBCU should be looked at with scrutiny (Dr. Dre’s c00nery is nothing short of astounding).

Eh, USC used the money to do exactly what Dre and Iovine wanted, and it's been a benefit for students and the city. Shout outs to my second alma mater. The problem with multiple HBCUs is wildly corrupt and inexperienced administrations that simply cannot do anything right. We're now multiple years into a period where HBCUs are receiving large amounts of federal money yet many campuses are still falling apart and unkempt. It makes no sense and if I was rich you'd bet your ass I'd hold off on donating until I felt comfortable with the administration.

invalid

Banned
Daps
UPDATE JUNE 2023

I'm sorry Nets but this reads like an Onion article. :laff:

This dude is bullshytting! He doesn’t have it to give. His fukking website don’t even work. Mentally ill or clout chasing.

“Tax things”???

Someone with 100s of millions he worked for doesn’t talk like this.

Both.
This is his LinkedIn profile.

Screenshot-20230622-115750-2.png

Ain't no way this is a millionaire.
Ain't no way this boy ain't living with his parents in they basement. :laff::laff::laff:

Boy is autistic.

And the University probably can't take any legal action because he probably really is on the spectrum and these fools didn't do any due diligence before they made the announcement.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
He was obviously lying.

Disagree here. Robert smith has donated millions to his Alma mater at Cornell University.