Black America Since MLK on PBS *Episode 2 AIRS TONIGHT @ 8PM*

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
:ohhh: YO!! So the last couple of years of life, folks looked at MLK as a buckdancing c00n?

:damn: MLK had 55% disapproval rating among black folks before he died??!!
that's probably why he started having 2nd thoughts on integration
from what I've read he was starting to take a more militant approach
towards the end of his life

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:ohhh: YO!! So the last couple of years of life, folks looked at MLK as a buckdancing c00n?

that's probably why he started having 2nd thoughts on integration
from what I've read he was starting to take a more militant approach
towards the end of his life
Yeah, I've heard that too before I ever watched this documentary. But it's not really talk about in the mainstream media.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Did you watch Part 1 yet? During the election season that Nixon elected, he was pandering to an audience of black folks & saying what they wanted to hear. I NEVER see republicans do that since in my lifetime.
I don't give that props at all, the same time he did that he also was working the Southern strategy. Him and Reagan buried the black community in the late 70's through 80's

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood

havent watched yet, but yup. died fighting for sanitation workers' wages and had been marginalized in a lot of ways. Half this site would have labeled him a c00n.

that's why ideological purity/litmus tests are bad. They force you to throw out good people if they fail it. They also make it trivial for institutions to turn people fighting for the same cause against each other.

People are complex and you will always disagree on things, but it's very rare in the world to find someone who is willing to die for the cause or even fighting for the same thing as you. Only accepting someone if they 100% fit your view of how things should be is incredibly damaging and you see it on this site all the time.