Birdman: "On the backside, it won't be sweet for you! Any contract can be re-contracted!

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I tell all these cats who want to be in the music business the same thing.

A RECORD DEAL IS A BANK LOAN FROM A BANK THAT SPECIALIZES IN MUSIC.
So true. Actually it's even worse than getting a traditional bank loan. If I get a bank loan for a my business, I can run my business the way I want. With a record deal bank loan, they have the power to tell me when I can release my work, IF I can release my work, if my work will be put to the side while they focus their energy on another customer/artist, and with a bank loan I can still go to another banks and get more money, but you ain't signing another record deal until the one you have is done. Which may be never.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Thats real tho..If u think about it..

Wayne rushing this n!gga to drop Carter 5 & birdman kno that bytch aint finna sell like that.

He ain't trying to lose that money....He know wayne on the decline...It aint 2008 nomo
why you think he was trying to sign quan and thug along with their cohorts (scooter, future, longway, bloody jay, shy glizzy, yung ralph) it's not even about him liking thug better, he knows they asses won't sell half of what wayne sold in his peak, but they have a better chance than wayne does now

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Ar Ab if you still patiently waiting for that bag you said that's coming, you might as well forget about it and go get you a 9-5.
he didn't sign with bird and he recently talked about how they had a conversation and he realized he would have to make a bigger name for himself in his city before signing to cash money in miami and waiting behind people

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
So true. Actually it's even worse than getting a traditional bank loan. If I get a bank loan for a my business, I can run my business the way I want. With a record deal bank loan, they have the power to tell me when I can release my work, IF I can release my work, if my work will be put to the side while they focus their energy on another customer/artist, and with a bank loan I can still go to another banks and get more money, but you ain't signing another record deal until the one you have is done. Which may be never.
that's how the music industry work, the entertainment industry really never turns a profit tbh, all the shyt that goes into paying the entertainer and advertising them is hella expensive, it's less expensive to finance a war (i'm kidding but you know where i'm getting at)

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
:pachaha:@birdman playing the role of a flashy, street rap mogul who is always zooted..then when it comes time to discuss contract stipulations, he's suddenly alert and sharp

that man lulls artists to sleep before he locks them into airtight contracts
that nikka probably got water in his cup and the artists think it's liquor or lean and probably smoking fake ass weed that hollywood uses. This nikka is the ultimate finesser!

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
this is why I respect gillie even more cause he one of the few that actually got paid cause birdman was so thirsty. Plus he was smart enough to leave cause he saw the bullshyt.
plenty people have gotten paid fukking with bird, you just have to be smart and not allow another man to have they way with you :dame: