Biomechanics, Pose Running/ Chi Running and Helping Keep Your Body Aligned, Pain Free and Healthy

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Wait, the guy's posture in the first pic on the left is what you're supposed to look like right?

I have slight lordosis like the guy on the right in the first pic..... which makes it look like I have a bubble butt (and it's already big from squatting n/h) and I'm wondering if my running style has contributed to the bad posture

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Wait, the guy's posture in the first pic on the left is what you're supposed to look like right?

I have slight lordosis like the guy on the right in the first pic..... which makes it look like I have a bubble butt (and it's already big from squatting n/h) and I'm wondering if my running style has contributed to the bad posture

Yea you're supposed to look like dude on the left. The Danny Dreyer on Pronation when Running video in the 2nd post is the best explanation for it all. I'm glad I found that vid to make it even clearer.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Last edited:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Aside from doing a bunch of things in the vids and stuff a physical therapist recommended for me to do, I think seeing someone that does osteopathic manipulative treatment can help facilitate that almost in a giving you a jump start way. I'm guessing anytime during your transition into fixing your alignment. I might go later on as I get stronger up and down my leg by using a wobble board to help all that as well as stretching my calves and hammies more. It's probably not all that necessary, but it does provide instant relief and would most likely give you somewhat of a clean slate in transitioning into walking/running better and working out tension all up and down your body.

The guy I went to was pretty good at it. He worked on my collar bones, my arms, my hands, my neck, skull, and jaw but particularly seemed to focus on my hips and my legs with the emphasis seeming to be on one leg more than the other.

I felt like I had to share this cuz I'm sure plenty of people just think it's something you have to deal with when doing the right things to fix all of it would help your whole body and well being for the rest of your life. There's nothing like being miserable and in pain and getting no answers from docs. Having people question your sanity, calling you depressed, dismissing everything as anxiety and only being able to be reassured by your own thoughts and hardly having anyone be on your side cuz the docs say everything is fine is not cool.
Have you read the book "A Supple Leopard"?

Do yourself a favor and read it, learn trigger point therapy.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Damn, my feet point outward I had no idea it can mess with your back. It's hard for me to walk with my feet straight either my knee starts to hurts or I look weird as fukk.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Damn, my feet point outward I had no idea it can mess with your back. It's hard for me to walk with my feet straight either my knee starts to hurts or I look weird as fukk.
It's cuz walking with your feet outward basically move all the bones of the leg. Your hips are tight. There are certain stretches you can do. Similar to yoga or basically yoga to fix this. Some of them might hurt a little bit. All of the hip type stuff are good to do and you'll notice a difference. Or you could see a chiro or osteopath so they can move all that so you can get proper mobility in your hips and all that.

Then focus on walking more on the outside of your feet. Basically how babies walk. With every step, you'll strengthen your arches. I'd recommend some simple sandals or sneakers that aren't worn and with little to no arch or slope in them (slope of the heel to midsole). Every step in a shoe with a heel (most shoes have some kind but some have bigger ones), you're telling your feet to pronate some more while not allowing your foot to do its work and do the proper shock absorption.

While I've been working on this, I noticed my feet hurting a little from wearing shoes that were previously worn due to incorrect walking shaping the shoes. While feeling perfectly fine and great in huaraches.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It's cuz walking with your feet outward basically move all the bones of the leg. Your hips are tight. There are certain stretches you can do. Similar to yoga or basically yoga to fix this. Some of them might hurt a little bit. All of the hip type stuff are good to do and you'll notice a difference. Or you could see a chiro or osteopath so they can move all that so you can get proper mobility in your hips and all that.

Then focus on walking more on the outside of your feet. Basically how babies walk. With every step, you'll strengthen your arches. I'd recommend some simple sandals or sneakers that aren't worn and with little to no arch or slope in them (slope of the heel to midsole). Every step in a shoe with a heel (most shoes have some kind but some have bigger ones), you're telling your feet to pronate some more while not allowing your foot to do its work and do the proper shock absorption.

While I've been working on this, I noticed my feet hurting a little from wearing shoes that were previously worn due to incorrect walking shaping the shoes. While feeling perfectly fine and great in huaraches.

Yeah, I figured one day I'd have to correct this shyt. I can make my feet perfectly horizontal and even bring them back a little further. I always figured that shyt was strange, but yeah I'ma try that shyt tho and try to find some yoga moves to do.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
so feet pointing outwards is a sign of tight hips?

what are the best hip stretches for inflexible people?

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, I figured one day I'd have to correct this shyt. I can make my feet perfectly horizontal and even bring them back a little further. I always figured that shyt was strange, but yeah I'ma try that shyt tho and try to find some yoga moves to do.
The book @YouMadd? illustrates a lot of this stuff while also explaining it.

Hip Openers:

That's a little more advanced but yea