Binge Watch: Vikings

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Season 5 has been :francis:

-Lagertha all of a sudden going crazy was dumb. She’s been such a strong character and to do this over the death of a Christian is :snoop:

.Floki’s arc is meh and filler.

.Bjorn just floating around.

.Ivar’s rise and power tripping felt forced. But I get it since they probably had to rush it due to the show winding down.

.Ubbe’s and Alfred’s arc have been the only good parts.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
:mjgrin: It's the opposite. The main gets shytted on to the point you'll want him to act like them dudes in Vikings.
Are there plenty of stand out/good characters? I need strong characters to stay watching a show. Good storytelling too. I’m tempted to watch that show, but I would have to buy the series and don’t wanna feel like I wasted my money on something similar to Vikings. (I dont subscribe to any streaming services.)

I’m enjoying Vikings, and don’t regret buying it, but I don’t wanna get another show that’s basically the same or weaker than this show.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Are there plenty of stand out/good characters? I need strong characters to stay watching a show. Good storytelling too. I’m tempted to watch that show, but I would have to buy the series and don’t wanna feel like I wasted my money on something similar to Vikings. (I dont subscribe to any streaming services.)

I’m enjoying Vikings, and don’t regret buying it, but I don’t wanna get another show that’s basically the same or weaker than this show.

Plenty. Chemistry between a lot of the characters is :wow: I'm already on record for saying TLK >>>>> Vikings. Even now on my rewatch of Vikings I feel the same.

Uhtred's friendships/motivation >>>>>>>>>
Female characters >>>>
The humor >>>>
The drama >>>>
Soundtrack >>>

Only thing I'd give Vikings over TLK is action. The fight/war scenes are more my speed.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
idk.. i saw the first two season. idk why i dropped it. How are the last seasons compared to the first 2? (Sons of Anarchy status?)
I might pick it up later.
I dropped The last kingdom and Peaky blinders, Yellowstone too. Good tv but not great. Ray Donovan status .
A show needs to be amazing and not repetitive for me to watch 6-7 seasons of it