Binge Watch: Vikings

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Nobody wanna talk about the show? Was hoping for a decent discussion.

Anyways, season 1 was solid. Can’t say I’m feeling Ragnar as a MC. The Viking world is interesting to see. I’m more invested in the Monk’s journey.

Brolic Seth Rollo-ins as the brother. :heh:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Is it like GoT/Borgias with the scheming and betrayal?

Plenty but not as deep, I'd compare it to Black Sails in that department. Hopefully the story and characters hold you but the first two seasons will look low budget compared to Vikings. It got an upgrade once Netflix copped it season 3 and on.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Plenty but not as deep, I'd compare it to Black Sails in that department. Hopefully the story and characters hold you but the first two seasons will look low budget compared to Vikings. It got an upgrade once Netflix copped it season 3 and on.
The synopsis sounds interesting and I really enjoyed BS. I’m almost done with season 2 of this show and it’s heating up.

But you mentioned characters and story. What about it might not hold my attention? Are characters weak? Storytelling not strong?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The synopsis sounds interesting and I really enjoyed BS. I’m almost done with season 2 of this show and it’s heating up.

But you mentioned characters and story. What about it might not hold my attention? Are characters weak? Storytelling not strong?

Nah I meant that I hope you're not put off by the low budget look. I know that some Viking stans dumped TLK because of how cheap it looked.

I'm pretty sure you'll like Uhtred and Co. and the story right away.

I'm giving Vikings another chance now that I can binge it on netflix but I initially dumped Vikings in the first place because I didn't like the pacing and kind of didn't care for any of the characters except for Ragnar and Athelstan.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Nah I meant that I hope you're not put off by the low budget look. I know that some Viking stans dumped TLK because of how cheap it looked.

I'm pretty sure you'll like Uhtred and Co. and the story right away.

I'm giving Vikings another chance now that I can binge it on netflix but I initially dumped Vikings in the first place because I didn't like the pacing and kind of didn't care for any of the characters except for Ragnar and Athelstan.
When did you drop Vikings? I thought season 1 was solid but slow to build characters, but season 2 is great.

I’m not gonna disregard something if it feels low budget. As long as the characters and storytelling are good I’m in. Black Sails and Vikings are the recent shows I watched for the first time and I went in blind. BS delivered and Vikings looks like it will too.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
When did you drop Vikings? I thought season 1 was solid but slow to build characters, but season 2 is great.

I’m not gonna disregard something if it feels low budget. As long as the characters and storytelling are good I’m in. Black Sails and Vikings are the recent shows I watched for the first time and I went in blind. BS delivered and Vikings looks like it will too.

I tapped out some episodes into S4. I'm up to S3E02 in my rewatch, I'm liking it more now but my disinterest in the ensemble is still there.