Billy Batts was right to humiliate Tommy in Goodfellas

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I was watching Goodfellas and i got to the "go home and get your shine box" scene. Always thought that billy batts had it coming for talking that way to tommy, but now that i think of it, he had every right to talk shyt to tommy.

I mean, he was a made guy and he just got home and this guy who used to shine his shoes is telling him to "watch the suit" :heh:

I always wondered how come henry and james didnt get killed behind this shyt.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I was watching Goodfellas and i got to the "go home and get your shine box" scene. Always thought that billy batts had it coming for talking that way to tommy, but now that i think of it, he had every right to talk shyt to tommy.

I mean, he was a made guy and he just got home and this guy who used to shine his shoes is telling him to "watch the suit" :heh:

Good point on why they didn't get killed as well. If they killed a 100% Italian guy what was saving them?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Good point on why they didn't get killed as well. If they killed a 100% Italian guy what was saving them?
Yeah actually never understood why only Tommy got knocked

Because Jimmy made a lot of people money. They wasn't going to kill a money man while he was still a great earner. And Henry, well I guess he had Paulie looking out for him.

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
I read somewhere a while ago I think when Batts came out of the joint he came back to reclaim a racket that Jimmy and Tommy were running since he was locked up and they didn't want to turn it over so they whacked him instead.

Correct me if I'm wrong though

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I read somewhere a while ago I think when Batts came out of the joint he came back to reclaim a racket that Jimmy and Tommy were running since he was locked up and they didn't want to turn it over so they whacked him instead.

Correct me if I'm wrong though
In the movie it just comes off as a personal argument not business.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Paulie had to sign off on the hit I imagine and gave the go ahead to whack Tommy as he had respect for Jimmy and Henry was like a son to him. In retrospect he should've whacked Henry too since he ultimately brought him down.

That look Paulie gives Henry in the court room at the end is pure disgust and :pacspit:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Prolly cuz it was tommy who blew up at batts so that's what the others saw. But yeah all 3 could've easily got it.

That seemingly, for movies sake, changed everything. Was the beginning of the end. Henry fukkin wit the yayo too even after Paulie told him not to.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Yeah actually never understood why only Tommy got knocked

edit: Just watched, I forgot Jimmy had the greatest stomp in movie history. He went to town. :wow::wow:

because the people that were with billy at the time saw tommy try to get in his ass. they probably thought his hot headed ass did that himself.

one thing i loved about goodfellas is with henry being the narrator, you notice that he never does dirt with anyone, but he always talks about the shyt going down like he was there.

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
because the people that were with billy at the time saw tommy try to get in his ass. they probably thought his hot headed ass did that himself.

one thing i loved about goodfellas is with henry being the narrator, you notice that he never does dirt with anyone, but he always talks about the shyt going down like he was there.

Yeah especially at the end. When jimmy asked him to go wit him to wack someone he knew he'd get killed because they'd never asked him before.