Bill Burr's "You People Are All the Same" is an all-time great stand-up

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Thing about him is, as good as his podcast is, I think it hurts his specials...hes on connan alot also so between the two by the time his specials hit now we have seen a version of each act he does on the specials...still my fav comedian going these days but we kinda know his act by now...he better not come out next time with another "how do we eliminate people..." act hes beat that into the ground

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Thing about him is, as good as his podcast is, I think it hurts his specials...hes on connan alot also so between the two by the time his specials hit now we have seen a version of each act he does on the specials...still my fav comedian going these days but we kinda know his act by now...he better not come out next time with another "how do we eliminate people..." act hes beat that into the ground

yeah i felt like he was going too hard with the podcast or something...i def lost interest over the years since that one.

It's a double-edge sword.

Clearly he uses his podcast as a way of working out material. Talk for an hour a couple times a week, see what made him laugh himself. Take it on stage at a comedy club and work out the bit, then eventually it goes into his hour.

Without the pod he wouldn't have a place to work through thoughts before they become bits, so when I hear a bit on a special that the seeds started on his pod, I give him a little leeway.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
It's a double-edge sword.

Clearly he uses his podcast as a way of working out material. Talk for an hour a couple times a week, see what made him laugh himself. Take it on stage at a comedy club and work out the bit, then eventually it goes into his hour.

Without the pod he wouldn't have a place to work through thoughts before they become bits, so when I hear a bit on a special that the seeds started on his pod, I give him a little leeway.
theres def still a way to do it. its just too much work too always come with 100% new material

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
theres def still a way to do it. its just too much work too always come with 100% new material

True. Every comedian has their process.

Chappelle gets on stage at clubs and just talks for 3-4 hours without really telling jokes.

Chris Rock does his sets off of paper without "performing" them, just kinda saying them without really making eye contact with the audience.

Bill rambles on a podcast.

I hope he can bounce back from this last special with something good, though. I hope the baby and F is for Family hasn't taken too much out of him.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is why I stopped listening to his podcast. He started regurgitating the same shyt on Conan and specials which isn't his fault but its starting to pop up way too often. The reason I hold this special in such high regard is b/c I never heard it but if you listen to his podcast a month or two before the special he pretty did the whole set on the podcast.

NYK Loyalist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His last one on Netflix was super underwhelming. The Hitler bit was the worst shyt I ever seen him do.

If everything leading up to that bit was solid it might have made it not as bad but the beginning was underwhelming and the Hitler bit was never ending and a complete train wreck. I turned it off and never finished it. He's still one of my favorite's though. Hopefully the next one is back to his usual standards