Big Update on Why a John Cena WWE Heel Turn Makes Very Little Sense, Cena Says It Will Never Happen

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Awhile back, a video surfaced online ofJohn Cena working out with trainer Mark Bell at Supertraining Gym in Sacramento. During the video, Cena proclaimed he will never turn heel when he said the following:

“[A heel turn] will never happen. Oh I’ve got it in me for sure…I do what they tell me, boss.”

According to The Wrestling Observer, there are many reasons why a John Cena heel turn is not “best for business,” and all of them are financial.

With Daniel Bryan injured and CM Punk gone from the company, John Cena’s merchandise is said to be outselling that of the rest of the WWE roster combined.

Additionally, WWE live events which feature John Cena average about $60,000 more than live events which do not feature Cena. Furthermore, in cities WWE has run several times in the past, shows in which Cena appears do much better than non-Cena events.

• Haha
Reactions: 2CT
Daps
Reppin
LDN
With Daniel Bryan injured and CM Punk gone from the company, John Cena’s merchandise is said to be outselling that of the rest of the WWE roster combined.

Additionally, WWE live events which feature John Cena average about $60,000 more than live events which do not feature Cena. Furthermore, in cities WWE has run several times in the past, shows in which Cena appears do much better than non-Cena events.

:cenasmug:

Superstar
Daps
Title should say "why a heel turn makes very little sense now" because all those reasons listed were not excuses a year or two ago, besides the house show thing

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
its not hard to outsell people in merch when you have more merch available than everyone else.
That makes zero sense.

So people who hate Cena, or don't like him, or already own one of his 100 different colored t-shirts will buy another one just to have one? :heh:

And I have been to merch stands at live events, he has one 2 items more than everyone else, that's about it.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That makes zero sense.

So people who hate Cena, or don't like him, or already own one of his 100 different colored t-shirts will buy another one just to have one? :heh:

And I have been to merch stands at live events, he has one 2 items more than everyone else, that's about it.

Because thats the only place you can buy John Cena merch right?

not like he doesn't have sneakers, towels, action figures, coffee mugs, and various other things on wweshop.com

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Additionally, WWE live events which feature John Cena average about $60,000 more than live events which do not feature Cena.
Probably because the events w/ Cena are advertised as Raws and PPVs and the shows w/o him are Main Event and house shows

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
Because thats the only place you can buy John Cena merch right?
not like he doesn't have sneakers, towels, action figures, coffee mugs, and various other things on wweshop.com
Nah, but if you look on WWESHOP.com he has 79 items, and Randy Orton 20, but most of his items page just has different discounts when you put all of his shyt together. It's really like 35 different things and the rest are just package deals of it. It doesn't matter how much he has, people still have to BUY it.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, but if you look on WWESHOP.com he has 79 items, and Randy Orton 20, but most of his items page just has different discounts when you put all of his shyt together. It's really like 35 different things and the rest are just package deals of it. It doesn't matter how much he has, people still have to BUY it.

now throw on top of this the other places WWE merchandise is available with Cena's name/face attached to it. ie; his deal with K-Mart

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
Probably because the events w/ Cena are advertised as Raws and PPVs and the shows w/o him are Main Event and house shows
lol, nope for the last year they were advertised as John Cena and Friends (Orton was on this,Big Show, the Wyatts) house shows and the others were advertised as CM Punk and Friends (Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and the Shield) house shows.

So they both headlined house shows. But Punk's were doing so badly, they made it CM Punk and Daniel Bryan and friends, and Cena was still out doing both of them :heh:

Don't believe me? Check the Wrestling Observer. Also Don't try to say Cena's were in different areas or some other shyt, they ran similar venues.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
lol, nope for the last year they were advertised as John Cena and Friends (Orton was on this,Big Show, the Wyatts) house shows and the others were advertised as CM Punk and Friends (Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and the Shield) house shows.

So they both headlined house shows. But Punk's were doing so badly, they made it CM Punk and Daniel Bryan and friends, and Cena was still out doing both of them :heh:

Don't believe me? Check the Wrestling Observer. Also Don't try to say Cena's were in different areas or some other shyt, they ran similar venues.
Nope. Punk hasnt worked in 8 months and Cena misses a lot of house shows and all B-level shows that are naturally not gonna have as high attendance as Raw/PPVs regardless. Not interested in your nonsense.