BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA APPRECIATION THREAD

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
one of my favorite movies of all time :krs:

Jack Burton had too many jokes. He is the star but is really the dumb sidekick for Wang.

The monster in the sewer and the bigfoot looking one had me :merchant: as a kid

I could watch this every single week of my life, always great.

Urahara_Kisuke

12th Squad O.G.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
12th Squad
When some wild-eyed, 8 foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues.......you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?"

Yessir, check's in the mail!

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
When some wild-eyed, 8 foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues.......you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?"

Yessir, check's in the mail!

jack burton the omnipotent
salute.gif

bear27

All Star
Supporter
Daps
One of my favourite films since i was a kid,watch it every time its on television.Just been going through this thread dappin people up.If ever there was a reason to be able to 5 star threads again it's this.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
yep.

'they live' is a classic too.

I think those two movies go well together as Carpenter's commentary on the changes in American culture at the time. Big Trouble was essentially all about an all-American working man discovering the strong rising cultural influences of Asia (the kung fu rage of the time), while They Live was about an all-American working man discovering the evil of the entire Reagan-era establishment to which most citizens were blind.