Big problem with PS4 PRO, sony hasn't shown us THE 'PRO' difference

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I get sony products for free, I can only get either psvr or ps4pro for free so trying to figure out which one I should buy n which I should purchase. hence why I wanted to know if you think itd sell out.
The PS4 Pro is the safer purchase IMO.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
it is kind of a hard sell when it's presented like "uh, it's more powerful, but it's up to devs to figure out how to use it". and it is disappointing that some games won't be getting a Pro patch

but the thing is it's meant to exist along side the regular PS4, and just be something for people that want a little more. so it really doesn't need 'mass appeal'
See thats the thing its like their saying yea it can do this but its not up to us basically saying if it doesn't meet your expectations its the devs fault

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

I am buying it

that's pc to ps pro

can we get ps4 to ps4 pro vids?

i was all for getting it..... then i realized i'd have to buy a 4k tv too... so now i'm looking at 1400 worth of equipment for the 4k tv i'd want

so that told me........ nah i'm not about to do that shyt..... unless...... someone can show me that considerable upgrade i'm about to get...

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
that's pc to ps pro

i was all for getting it..... then i realized i'd have to buy a 4k tv too... so now i'm looking at 1400 worth of equipment for the 4k tv i'd want

so that told me........ nah i'm not about to do that shyt..... unless...... someone can show me that considerable upgrade i'm about to get...
When you don't let hype cloud your vision :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
See thats the thing its like their saying yea it can do this but its not up to us basically saying if it doesn't meet your expectations its the devs fault
It is up to the dev. A crappy looking game isn't a fault of the hardware. people don't know what to expect because they don't have a reference point.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that's pc to ps pro

Games will look and run better on PS4 Pro regardless.

One game in particular
For Paragon on PS4 Pro, Epic has added dynamic lighting along with enhanced geometry and scene complexity. The game also utilizes new volumetric effects such as light shafts and fog; motion blur; enhanced HLOD (hierarchical level of detail) and increased view distance; screen space reflections; contact shadows; procedural grass; and advanced light bloom.

“From a rendering perspective it lets us more closely realize our vision for the game by reducing the number of compromises we have to make for performance,” he said.

Paragon runs at a rock solid 60fps in full 1080p on PS4 Pro... [Nirolak's Note: It's normally 900p/60fps.]

RISE of the Tomb Raider
4K mode, the big resolution and developers made the optimal choices.

- 1080p high framerate mode, the game running at >45 currently.

- 1080p bells and whistles, 30 FPS locked with every processing technique pushed to the max.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Games will look and run better on PS4 Pro regardless.

One game in particular

RISE of the Tomb Raider

SOUNDS GOOD

and before the stans come... i'm a ps1, ps2, ps3, ps4 owner

again.... i had every intention of having this first day out.... ps4 on ebay, ps4 pro in the house on launch day

i don't want to READ about the shyt... i want to SEE the $400 difference

i want a video..... on one side is the ps4 version of the game.... on the other side is the ps4 pro..... then i want to see that in about 10-15 games..... fukk it... 1-3 games would be nice... that 28 seconds is not worth my $400

and what's funny... the video isn't even uploaded in 4k :snoop:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's pc to ps pro

exactly what I'm saying breh, theres no real comparissons done by sony.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SOUNDS GOOD

again.... i had every intention of having this first day out.... ps4 on ebay, ps4 pro in the house on launch day

i want a video..... on one side is the ps4 version of the game.... on the other side is the ps4 pro..... then i want to see that in about 10-15 games..... fukk it... 1-3 games would be nice... that 28 seconds is not worth my $400

this is my exact point.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SOUNDS GOOD

You'll see side by side closer to launch. There's 4k footage but unless you have a 4K screen it's pointless.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Paragon runs at a rock solid 60fps in full 1080p on PS4 Pro... [Nirolak's Note: It's normally 900p/60fps.]

:laff: be swindled by the same company twice in 1 generation brehs

I thought the selling point of ps4 over ps3 was 1080/60 fps :laff: and if you believe theyll pull off 4k in any decent way youre a cot damn complete idiot :heh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
that's pc to ps pro

:usure: I'm certain a 1080p TV can also achieve Checkerboard 4K, damn sony good :banderas:

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I get sony products for free, I can only get either psvr or ps4pro for free so trying to figure out which one I should buy n which I should purchase. hence why I wanted to know if you think itd sell out.
Get the pro

Let's be honest , it's Sony so they'll end up dropping support for the VR

I'll never invest in them again unless it's a console