Big Face Culture: Miami Heat 2023-2024 season thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What have I been saying all season that they need to do? They did it tonight on the road again. Get a lead and finish the game. 19-12 is solid, but those 3 losses to the Knicks and bulls :martin:. I’d feel a whole lot better at 22-9 like they should be. I still maintain that this team has everything needed to win a title outside of a true #1 scorer. I was watching the video Clayton Crowley made about the 2004 pistons. He talks in the start about the formula needed to win a title and it basically goes as follows:

A #1 who can be credibly argued as the best player in the world
A #2 who should be a fixture on the all nba team and can get 20+ per game
A guy who can take over on defense (this can overlap with any of the other criteria)
A spark off the bench
A good coach if not better than good
A little bit of luck
Anything beyond is gravy

This team has all of these things except the top part. I hope they prove me wrong on that end.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Spo is going into the GOAT convo. Season after season no matter what he has his teams look good.
If he can start putting together genuinely good offenses, then yeah. He’s gotta get 1-2 more titles though. We haven’t gotten 1 in a decade now and while he’s had some great seasons himself along the way, he’s gotta get 1-2 more. I’m starting to feel good about this season though as it goes on. He’s done a great job getting players to fit together.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Since we lost a bunch of key players and added nothing and some how end around 49 wins he should get it

If you look at some of the past coty winners it’s a disgrace