Beyonce’s new film, ‘Black Is King’ will premiere on DisneyPlus on Friday, July 31st

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I'm making my daughters watch this the same way my momma used to leave that Kirk Franklin tape on back when I was growing up :wow:

Ion know why either, I just feel it's necessary :obama:

MBwithadream

All Star
Daps
:wow:

Beyoncé ‘Black Is King’ Visual Album on Disney Plus Premiere Date Set – Variety
Parkwood Entertainment

In a surprise, Disney Plus announced a new visual album from Beyoncé — “Black Is King,” inspired by “The Lion King” — is coming to the streaming service next month.

“Black Is King,” written, directed and executive produced by Beyoncé, will premiere globally on Disney Plus on July 31, 2020. That’s just after the one-year anniversary of the theatrical release of Disney’s “The Lion King” remake, for which Queen Bey voiced Nala (and which launched on Disney Plus in January).

A one-minute teaser trailer for “Black Is King” dropped Saturday night on beyonce.com.

The film is based on the music of “The Lion King: The Gift,” released last year in conjunction with the Disney pic, and stars the album’s featured artists and some special guest appearances. The Beyoncé-produced album features Childish Gambino, Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell, 070 Shake, Tierra Whack, Jay-Z, Blue Ivy Carter and Jessie Reyez, as well as African artists including Wizkid, Shatta Wale, Burna Boy, Mr Eazi, Tiwa Savage, Tekno, Yemi Alade, Busiswa and Salatiel.

“‘Black Is King’ is a celebratory memoir for the world on the Black experience,” Disney and Beyoncé’s Parkwood Entertainment said in announcing the visual album. “The film is a story for the ages that informs and rebuilds the present. A reunion of cultures and shared generational beliefs. A story of how the people left most broken have an extraordinary gift and a purposeful future.”

According to the companies, Beyoncé’s visual album reimagines lessons of “The Lion King” for “today’s young kings and queens in search of their own crowns.” The film was in production for one year with a cast and crew that represent “diversity and connectivity.”

Popular on Variety

“Black Is King” pays tribute to voyages of Black families throughout time. The visual album tells the story of a young king’s “transcendent journey through betrayal, love and self-identity.” His ancestors help guide him toward his destiny, and with his father’s teachings and guidance from his childhood love, he earns the virtues needed to reclaim his home and throne.

“These timeless lessons are revealed and reflected through Black voices of today, now sitting in their own power,” according to the announcement. “‘Black Is King’ is an affirmation of a grand purpose, with lush visuals that celebrate Black resilience and culture. The film highlights the beauty of tradition and Black excellence.”

I know this sounds crazy but don't you know that Jesus loves you as much as you love Beyonce!

Daps
I watched it, and I think it will be a positive and encouraging experience for black teens to see Black people in such a positive manner. I could have done without all the singing, and I don’t even like Beyoncé’s music that much, but the song Don’t Jealous Me is now a part of my music collection.
(that’s not even her song)

If you have girls, the brown skin girl segment is powerful.

And she portrays black boys and men in a VERY positive way.

And it’s full of beautiful black women with nice booties.

And the fact that so many white people are calling it racist should let you know how amazing it is.