Better Ending? (Se7en vs. Usual Suspects)

:ohhh:

• Total voters

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Usual Suspects is a movie that I think only posesses value BECAUSE of its ending. It's good if you're watching it the first time or watching it with people who have seen it for the first time, but if I watch it again, I feel cheated knowing it's just the made up story of some criminal mastermind.

Se7en's ending is better because the killer actually won according to his philosophy. The last sin was wrath and Morgan Freeman trying to goad Brad Pitt away from the killer and seeing the struggle on Brad's face until he finally gives into his anger combined with the feeling of justice being dealt and yet revulsion that everything went according to the killer's plan and philosophy...PITCH PERFECT.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
usual-suspects-o.gif

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
Usual Suspects is the better, or at least more shocking/:ohhh:/:krs: ending...

...but Se7en is the MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better film. It's in a different league.

For me, Usual Suspects was great the first two times. First because of the mystery/the reveal, and second because you watch it knowing that reveal and it's just a different film almost. After that....I don't think it's a great film. Great performances for sure...but I never really dug it much after I got over the twist.

Se7en is just brilliant film-making.

fincher da gawd

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Se7en only because that shyt gets me everytime. Usual Suspects is a movie i only watch once maybe twice for the ending. Not putting down the greatness of the movie as a whole though.
Usual Suspects is the better, or at least more shocking/:ohhh:/:krs: ending...

...but Se7en is the MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better film. It's in a different league.

For me, Usual Suspects was great the first two times. First because of the mystery/the reveal, and second because you watch it knowing that reveal and it's just a different film almost. After that....I don't think it's a great film. Great performances for sure...but I never really dug it much after I got over the twist.

Se7en is just brilliant film-making.

Cosign this, I'm glad somebody else sees it. "Usual Supects" is a good movie but the ending is what MAKES it. I've never thought it was the classic everyone makes it out to be :ld:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Usual Suspects for me.

Many people forget that it actually had that double twist.

At first they left you thinking that Keaton Da Gawd was Keyzer...which for me was satisfying enough.

Then you find out they got to Edie...you're thinking, :wow:

The final bomb was some double mind twisting shyt.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Seven had the better end for me. Usual Suspects is like a perfect example of Unreliable Narrator, I'd use it to teach a creative writing class or something. The surprise is there for sure...but Seven wasn't just a shock, it was a punch in the gut.
I'd put it like this, Usual Suspects had a better twist but Seven had a much bigger impact imo.