BET canceling Teen Summit was the start of the downfall

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I still have that BCC performance on VHS somewhere. Das Efx, Cappadonna, Common performing with a live band before he fell off........man, y'all got me reminiscing :mjcry:

Nothing like watching X-Men on Fox and transitioning to Rap City top 10, Teen Summit, and Saturday Anime on The Sci-Fi channel.:blessed:
Rap City top 10 was everything to me

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Man fukk ratings some shows are needed for the culture

Rap City and Teen Summit had bad ratings?

fr bro, I understand its a business but things like 106 & park, rap city, Teen Summit are the CULTURE.

Now BET has ZERO influence in the culture, BET awards are a shell of their former self

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Shows that get good ratings don’t get cancelled
Not entirely true. Some shows get canceled not because of ratings but because it costs so much money to keep successful shows going.

that doesn’t apply in this case however. Shows don’t remain on air as a public service. Even network TV shows only air educational shows out of sheer force. Once these channels realized they don’t have to show cartoons during the day anymore, in came all the talk shows you can handle.

It’s another “back in the day” thread

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
fr bro, I understand its a business but things like 106 & park, rap city, Teen Summit are the CULTURE.

Now BET has ZERO influence in the culture, BET awards are a shell of their former self

What you expect when you sell a black created company to WHITE owned corporation???:bryan::mjlol: Bob fukked up and everyone paid the price for it...:manny:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Man fukk ratings some shows are needed for the culture

Rap City and Teen Summit had bad ratings?
We all know why music countdown shows went the way of the dinosaur. I think only on MTV Tr3s do they still air music videos all day.

the way to those shows is through YouTube now.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I think BET had gotten so big and was making Bob Johnson so much money that he probably lost sight of the "proud cultural relevance" that BET ascended to amongst the ppl... Then them boys came with that billion and well :francis:

Daps
Teen summit was great

One of the female hosts they had, me and her was in middle school and high school together

Daps
Reppin
Cashville, 10
Teen summit, to soulful music with Donnie Simpson and Madeline Woods sexy ass

to BET NEWS at night at 11

Caribbean Music with that fine one chick Rachel

BET was straight with it

after all that was gone I was gone

:ahh:

Jaque-Reid-BET-nightly-news.png