BET canceling Teen Summit was the start of the downfall

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Teen Summit was the perfect show to really talk to the everyday black youth about what their experiences were like. It gave the youth a platform and a voice to really talk about their experiences. Poverty, Teen peer pressure, racism, Sex, the effects of the culture and how it relates to Young black america. It was a great show to give the youth at the time to ask questions directly and gave hip hop artists a chance to really be in the hot seat.

This show is needed BADLY

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
106 and Park was more like a black TRL and focused mostly on music.... Teen Summit focused more so on the struggles that the youth were battling with music coming secondary. But you right
Na I agree. Teen summit was necessary I was just too old to watch. I definitely remember my kids glued to the tv and the teens on the show definitely looked like my kids.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seeing stuff like Teen Summit gave me more pride in myself.

But at the time I guess it was ALL about the money.

You have to think if you are B.E.T., why get rid of the show that all the smart black kids watched? Crazy.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Fact that the show was cancelled and not shortened as a mini segment shown during Rap City shows that the ratings excuse was bogus.
BET used to have book shows and health and fitness shows too. They discovered that showing videos 24/7 made it easier to sell ads.