best way to wipe a drive?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
man i just got the same 860 ssd yesterday, shyt is amazing...its like im not even using the same machine

I always say getting an SSD is the cheapest upgrade that will give you the most noticeable results
What's changed? Thinking of upgrading my 2011 MacBook Pro to an SSD, what will I notice as different besides the startup speed? It's only got 4 gigs of RAM, will memory swap be faster? Will pages load faster while web-browsing?

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's changed? Thinking of upgrading my 2011 MacBook Pro to an SSD, what will I notice as different besides the startup speed? It's only got 4 gigs of RAM, will memory swap be faster? Will pages load faster while web-browsing?

Pages will not load faster per say, that is largely dependent on your internet but it will definitely respond much quicker thus making it seem like pages are loading faster thus you'll have a much better experience... i no longer have scrolling lag viewing twitter or any other memory intensive pages that used to give me trouble but performance of damn near everything has increased. My laptop runs much more quiet and better battery life.

Just do it bruh, 1TB samsung 860 evo is $170 right now...its the best things you can do for your computer hands down. Upgrade the ram too, you can do all of that probably under $250 right now. Your macbook will be flying afterwards, trust me.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Do it. You’ll be starting up in under 30 seconds, and you can open up like 5 programs, at the same time, in seconds

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it will make everything quicker and more responsive. I know that might sound superficial, but it's the kind of thing that adds up to a much better experience. now when I use a non-SSD PC it's like watching paint dry

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Nah, that's only good for HDDs, it'll fukk up an SSD :ufdup:

ONE DUMMY FILE SHOULDN'T HURT A SSD.

EDIT: I GUESS I USED THE WRONG TERM. I DIDN'T REALIZE THE SOFTWARE I USE DOESN'T ZERO IT OUT. SO I GUESS JUST REPLACING THE ENCRYPTION KEY WORKS. MY BUDDY JUST SCHOOLED ME.

Last edited: