Best tire brands?

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Okay. Size: 235/65R18

Alright, here's what I have so far, as well as a question for you. Have the tires on the current vehicle been rotated on a regular basis and has your car been aligned at least once in the past year or so? If so, and you have records that they've been rotated, and that they've worn out prematurely, the manufacturer warranty on the tire may apply, and the tire manufacturer may cover some of the replacement cost of a new set of tires for you, since they wore out significantly before their rating.

Now if you just want new tires, here's what I've found based on the sizes you've given me:

Pirelli is running on tires in that size (Scorpion AS Plus 3), it's $80 off a set of 4, which would cost $760 + whatever your taxes are where you live. They're decent, rated for 70k miles, and they handle decently in dry or wet. They're rated for 70k miles.

Continental, has a few tires in that size ranging from $215-$230 a tire; they also offer something that most tire manufacturers don't -- 3 years of flat tire roadside assistance if you register your tires online with them; they'll even cover a tow if you get 2 flat tires up to 150 miles free of charge if you register your tires. They also cover any road hazard damage to the tire for the first year of purchase -- you just need to show proof of purchase that you bought the tires new, and the warranty card they'll send you after registering the tires, and Continental will pay for the tire; you're responsible for the mounting and balancing charge. Most of the tires in that size class from them are also rated at 70k miles; no rebates available at this time unfortunately.

Goodyear has the Assurance that's rated at 60k miles, and it's $218 a tire, There's a $75 mail in rebate on a set of 4 right now; they'd be around $800 for a set of 4 after the rebate. They're decent -- not as quiet as the previous 2, but the ride is alright.

Yokohama, has 1 tire in that size since the other model was discontinued recently -- the Geolandar CV G058. It's rated for 65k miles, and they're $208 a tire. This isn't a bad option if you don't want to spend a ton of money or you drive a bunch; it's quieter than the Goodyear and they ride about the same.

All the tires listed above have a 30 day trial period -- if you don't like them, they'll exchange them with another tire from that brand. Me personally, depending on how well you like the tires on the car you currently have, you could try getting some of the tire manufacturer to cover some of the cost of a set of replacement tires, to see if they'll hold up any better. Otherwise, those are the options I'd choose from if I was looking at a set of tires. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Alright, here's what I have so far, as well as a question for you. Have the tires on the current vehicle been rotated on a regular basis and has your car been aligned at least once in the past year or so? If so, and you have records that they've been rotated, and that they've worn out prematurely, the manufacturer warranty on the tire may apply, and the tire manufacturer may cover some of the replacement cost of a new set of tires for you, since they wore out significantly before their rating.

Now if you just want new tires, here's what I've found based on the sizes you've given me:

Pirelli is running on tires in that size (Scorpion AS Plus 3), it's $80 off a set of 4, which would cost $760 + whatever your taxes are where you live. They're decent, rated for 70k miles, and they handle decently in dry or wet. They're rated for 70k miles.

Continental, has a few tires in that size ranging from $215-$230 a tire; they also offer something that most tire manufacturers don't -- 3 years of flat tire roadside assistance if you register your tires online with them; they'll even cover a tow if you get 2 flat tires up to 150 miles free of charge if you register your tires. They also cover any road hazard damage to the tire for the first year of purchase -- you just need to show proof of purchase that you bought the tires new, and the warranty card they'll send you after registering the tires, and Continental will pay for the tire; you're responsible for the mounting and balancing charge. Most of the tires in that size class from them are also rated at 70k miles; no rebates available at this time unfortunately.

Goodyear has the Assurance that's rated at 60k miles, and it's $218 a tire, There's a $75 mail in rebate on a set of 4 right now; they'd be around $800 for a set of 4 after the rebate. They're decent -- not as quiet as the previous 2, but the ride is alright.

Yokohama, has 1 tire in that size since the other model was discontinued recently -- the Geolandar CV G058. It's rated for 65k miles, and they're $208 a tire. This isn't a bad option if you don't want to spend a ton of money or you drive a bunch; it's quieter than the Goodyear and they ride about the same.

All the tires listed above have a 30 day trial period -- if you don't like them, they'll exchange them with another tire from that brand. Me personally, depending on how well you like the tires on the car you currently have, you could try getting some of the tire manufacturer to cover some of the cost of a set of replacement tires, to see if they'll hold up any better. Otherwise, those are the options I'd choose from if I was looking at a set of tires. If you have any other questions, let me know.
I got them rotated but I don't think I got them aligned. The tires are six years old already so I don't know if a warranty will apply.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm thinking Pirelli or Yokohama. You see those on Tirerack?

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
I got them rotated but I don't think I got them aligned. The tires are six years old already so I don't know if a warranty will apply.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm thinking Pirelli or Yokohama. You see those on Tirerack?

Sure did. Those prices are accurate for tire rack too.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps

The UTQG is the expected tread life grade the tire has (it's determined by the treadlife rating that's given by the manufacturer). The Service Desc is the speed and load rating of each tire. In the case of the 1st tire, it's max load rating per tire is roughly 2000 lbs per tire, and the tire itself is rated for a max speed of 130 mph.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I've got Continental DWS 06+ all seasons and Michellin PS4S for the summer. Michellins grip like crazy and the Contis are good for everything else it just depends on what weather you get and if you're looking for performance tires.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I had an El Camino for 30 years, kept Nitto tires on it.

My everyday is a Jeep Renegade, got Michelin Primacy. My Renegade isn't gonna win drag races, but I tend to start fast. Got V rated joints on'em.