Best Theme Song Tourney Rd 1: Trick Williams "Locked In" vs. Swerve Strickland "Big Pressure" (CLOSED)

Which theme is doper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
6WqDvqX.png

"Locked In"
Wrestler:
Trick Williams
Artist: def rebel
Release: 2023

"Big Pressure"
Wrestler: Swerve Strickland
Artist: Swerve Strickland, Flash Garments
Release: 3/10/2022

Last edited:

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
I dont think I've heard either of these :laugh:

Trick I guess :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: 2CT

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
This bullshyt was bound to come sometime :snoop:

I'm going with Big Pressure (Remix) because Trick's song and entrance as a whole requires Booker's ad-libs and crowd participation to hit the way it does.

Trick has the better entrance. Swerve has the better theme song when taking the remix/his current one into account.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
On topic: Swerve's theme was what I was talking about in the OG thread about a theme that falls apart the second the lyrics come in. Flash Garments with that hook carried the whole song. There are zero words in Trick's actual theme and it still goes harder as a whole because... well...

Swerve's verse was a net negative on the song. If it had been the beat and the hook looped it'd cruise to the third 3rd round off the strength of nikkas seeing Nana's dancing in the mind's eyes (Pause just in case) But... the second the 'bars' hit... nah.

We Locked In outchea.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This bullshyt was bound to come sometime :snoop:

I'm going with Big Pressure (Remix) because Trick's song and entrance as a whole requires Booker's ad-libs and crowd participation to hit the way it does.

Trick has the better entrance. Swerve has the better theme song when taking the remix/his current one into account.
Big Pressure requires Nana’s dance to hit the way it does too though.

Silkk

Daps
@2CT How many of Bray themes made the cut?

I know a lot of people prefer his first for nostalgia reasons but his last two were 🔥 especially the fiend

• Dap

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Big Pressure requires Nana’s dance to hit the way it does too though.

Fair point. Advance both to the next round then, hell.

@2CT didn't have to do this :damn:

Sitting with it, I'm trying to quantify which extra feature has less of an impact: Nana's dance or the ad-libs/crowd chants.

Silkk

Daps

Sitting with it, I'm trying to quantify which extra feature has less of an impact: Nana's dance or the ad-libs/crowd chants.
Same tbh

I may have to go Swerve cause Trick’s theme is just a Drake Trophies rip off, Even though its fire.

And it needs the crowd chant and Booker’s adlibs vs Swerve just needing one addition :patrice:

• Dap

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

I like to look at it as ability to be replicated.
Trick could go to a new city every week and the chants - if they catch on - will be there waiting for him.
If Nana ain't reup the contract, get an illness or pull his shoulder, the dance ain't happenin.

But also... you could loop Trick's entrance for a 5 minute Mania walkout and it wouldn't lose the crowd as much as Swerve's at Wembley would fall apart the minute his actual voice hit the speakers :yeshrug:

That said, this nikka @2CT ain't have to do this Layla/Naomi bullshyt. Mans coulda let one of these skate past Sammy or Test or something and at least let this meet up in the second round. But this man be chucking out contenders in round 1 by running them into buzzsaws and letting fukkery make it to the second round for easy sweeps by legit themes :mjcry: I'd like to lodge a formal complaint. He can't keep getting away with this!!!