Best Theme Song Tourney Rd 1: Samoa Joe "Destroyer" vs. Trish Stratus "Time To Rock & Roll" (CLOSED)

Which theme is doper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
I'm voting against Kim singing off-key two octaves higher than her speaking voice and another two higher than her rapping voice

:ohhh:She really did birth all these new female rappers tho
:what: This ain’t the voice bruh. Don’t nobody know that Samoa Joe shyt. Trish theme is a cheat code for instant pop

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
:what: This ain’t the voice bruh. Don’t nobody know that Samoa Joe shyt. Trish theme is a cheat code for instant pop
it gets a pop because it's Trish, not because the theme has any merit outside of... meaning Trish is back.

If this song wasn't used before and was given to some new girl today in NXT we'd call that shyt trash and ignore it.
Joe's theme fits any big dude who might whoop some ass. Sounds like a wrestling theme. Plus it has double use because Joe is heftier and the song kinda sounds like the most ominous fat guy tuba music possible. It works along with Joe's presentation; not because of it.

That's how I judge these themes. If the song wouldn't/can't work for anyone BUT that one person, and it isn't god-tier iconic, I'll prolly vote against it for the whole tournament :yeshrug: Because at that point it isn't 'what's the best theme' judging anymore - it devolves into another popularity contest.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
I'm voting against Kim singing off-key two octaves higher than her speaking voice and another two higher than her rapping voice

:ohhh:She really did birth all these new female rappers tho

breh you act like Kim ain’t got a part on there rapping like she normally does :pachaha:

it’s only like 4 bars but still :bryan:

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
we don't count 4 bars of rap
otherwise we have to accept Fergie is a grammy-winning rapper for her work on All of the Lights.

And I will not do that. I cannot accept that. I shan't.

unemployment liiiiiiiiine, credit card decliiiiiiined
did I mention that I was about to use that line? (that line?)

crying-thank-you-fergie.gif

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
why you like this homie :mjcry:
Between this and Trick v Swerve... this man really is just too damn cold.
Cuts bleed nitrogen, heart pumps freon. This the type of shyt @2CT be on :mjcry:

that’s what happens when y’all vote my dudes Rikishi and Too Cool out the first round :birdman:

me and my homies used to wait til the teacher left the classroom and dance to that shyt as KIDS MAN!

KIDS…..man :mjcry:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
that’s what happens when y’all vote my dudes Rikishi and Too Cool out the first round :birdman:

me and my homies used to wait til the teacher left the classroom and dance to that shyt as KIDS MAN!

KIDS…..man :mjcry:
cuz I voted for You Look Fly Tonight and am personally offended by the people who did not.
You did this to both of us :mjcry:

Real talk I used the link in that thread and just listened to it while doing work emails off and on for 2 days

They taking down all my favorites in the first round - I feel targeted! :damn:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I mess with Joe’s theme, as it sounds like something an NY rapper would’ve spit on in 1998, but it’s time to rock and roll

• Dap
Reactions: 2CT