Best surround sound for around 600?

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whatever u do PLEASE don't get a pre built one...build it urself...like a few pointed out...Onkyo receiver is a great choice and starting point....

whats so bad about the prebuilt ones like the onkyo and yamaha posted earlier? these receivers alone are $400 :why:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I got around spending tons of money for a speaker setup by buying computer speakers. I have some altecs that came with a nice subwoofer that shake the house. I have to keep the bass down to nothing to not disturb my neighbors.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
whats so bad about the prebuilt ones like the onkyo and yamaha posted earlier? these receivers alone are $400 :why:

I don't like pre-built systems...those brands are great and better than alotta bullshyt people pick up...but u can get deals on alotta equipment without spending an arm and a leg...I believe dude can get better sound for cheaper by building himself...I honestly scrolled thru so I didn't see majority of what people posted...lol

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I have a HTIB like I mentioned.

People recommend piecing it together to get the best sound possible. That's why I said if you get an HTIB then make sure the sub is powered separately. That way if the sub goes to shyt, you won't be fukked and you can easily buy a replacement.

If the receiver is nice in the HTIB that's a good look. You can upgrade the speakers and stuff later on.

That's my take though.

:manny:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

most of the receivers that come with pre-builts tend to be limited. but I guess that doesn't matter if it has what you need

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly...building urself opens up alotta windows to otherwise limitations u would have..also..u come out winning in the sound dept...

can you recommend a receiver on its own and a sub and speakers to start out with?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
can you recommend a receiver on its own and a sub and speakers to start out with?

What does he want?..2.1..5.1..etc....one thing is alotta people underestimate 2.1 systems...especially the systems that u can put 2 speakers in each channel so it's basically 4 bookshelfs and a sub and u can switch channels a/b..run one set...the other set..or all at the same time..depends if its more for music or movies..for mostly music I recommend that...it's a fuller sound..

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does he want?..2.1..5.1..etc....alotta people underestimate 2.1 systems...especially the systems that u can put 2 speakers in each channel so it's basically 4 bookshelfs and a sub and u can switch channels a/b..run one set...the other set..or all at the same time..depends if its more for music or movies..for mostly music I recommend that...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
movies/TV

THIS is a steal...as far as speakers..he needs to jump on it..
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Energy-RC-Micro-Surround-Speaker-System/dp/B001RQ2CXO/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369255220&sr=1-2&keywords=energy+5.1+speakers]Amazon.com: Energy RC-Micro 5.1 Surround Speaker System (Black): Electronics[/ame]

This is a decent receiver for his needs..
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR414-5-1-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B0077V88YU/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369255716&sr=1-2&keywords=onkyo+5.1+receiver]Amazon.com: Onkyo TX-NR414 5.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver(Black): Electronics[/ame]

Edit: I see someone pointed out the Energy speakers before me...good pick..