• Harry Potter and TheDeathly Hallows Part 2

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Great opening with the caretaker getting killed, the Quidich world cup sequence was thrilling, the dragon part of the tournament and the water task was brilliant, the whole romantic subplot had me on the edge of my seat, and that final 20-30 minutes, so, so good :banderas:

Bet you think Dealthy Hallows Part 1 is better :snoop:

It is. It has a point. Goblet of fire is purely a transition movie from a thematic standpoint and directorial. The big deal in it is someone dies. That's it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wait, you didn't think Voldemort returning to his full physical form was a big deal at all?

You're right my bad. Two big things. But the movie is boring as hell for the most part and doesn't really seem to go anywhere or do anything. Voldemort comes back and someone dies. Other than that, it's a placeholder movie, especially because the person who dies ends up not mattering at all to the overall story and he's barely developed in the movie he dies in to feel anything for him

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
Prisoner of Azkaban was the best simply because it was the only one that really captured the energy of the HP world; the fun and the quirky charm. From characterization to set design, it's the only film to really get it

In comparison, Yates' films feel sterile. Not necessarily bad movies, but they don't have Prisoner's soul.

But Goblet of Fire was probably my favorite to watch in theater just because there was so much happening and so much action. But it was definitely a bit bombastic, and the lack of subtlety hurt it on later viewing. But it's still my second favorite overall

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I Like Azkaban. First time I felt the movies did the books justice.

I still believe the first two movies do those two books justice. Possibly too much tho. They're a straight translation of the book and maybe they're too literal for my taste but they're true to the books. As the books changed the direction changed which makes sense.