Reppin
Tar Heel State
388U.gif

9b33cc1fe9a990b4950d8cf3ad853db8.gif

mSkpbS.gif

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
Yeoh basically in a league of her own tbh. Other women who were working in the late 80s/90s HK scene her only competition and basically none of them managed a career as long or as diverse. There are some great western action films with female leads ofc ofc but I can't really think of any women that basically made a career with them.
agree but tbf she took a long break at her peak when she got married and retired. came back with a vengeance with supercop 3 tho

honestly all of the hk girls with guns actresses went hard as fukk but never got the chance to cross over to america. rothrock should have been huge over here, she was the most talented of all of them physically

shout out to cynthia khan (michelle yeoh's replacement in the In The Line of Duty series) she held it down for 10 summers

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Michelle Yeoh got the longevity. She's the Kareem of it.
Sigourney Weaver got the biggest impact hits. She's something like Dominique Wilkins. Most exciting but action resume too short.
Cant think of any other females that would be the analog of a Jordan or Magic or whatever. I like the Jolie shout out though. Also short resume but she did her thing. She might be the next closest for me. Charlize deserves a shout too.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
agree but tbf she took a long break at her peak when she got married and retired. came back with a vengeance with supercop 3 tho

honestly all of the hk girls with guns actresses went hard as fukk but never got the chance to cross over to america. rothrock should have been huge over here, she was the most talented of all of them physically

shout out to cynthia khan (michelle yeoh's replacement in the In The Line of Duty series) she held it down for 10 summers

Angel Terminators probably the hardest movie I've ever seen that barely anybody has seen and it's female led.

So many little forgotten gems from that scene and time. Those mfers were working.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I honestly can't think of anyone. Maybe Maggie Yeoh...maybe...

I saw this 3 times in the theater on opening weekend.

But I'm having a hard time thinking of any one.

What do you guys think?

Michelle was doing wild shyt in Supercop

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Angelina Jolie could've been in the running if she put in a lil more work. I know she's done her own stunts from time to time.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah, Michelle Yeoh is basically her own tier if we're talking full-on action star.
Sigourney Weaver absolutely deserves mention.
Cynthia Rothrock definitely had a great space in that lane as well.

One-offs, but were not only great, but spectacular nonetheless:
Uma Thurman with some of the best swordplay of all-time:

Jenette Goldstein (Vazquez) was technically the first all-out female action star in Aliens, I really think she could have been a bigger star:

Can't forget Carrie-Anne Moss and she got one of the best chase scenes of all-time:

Last edited: