Best director in the film today?

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Whoever directed this, aka the kanye west of film.

giphy.gif

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I wanna say someone besides Nolan and Tarantino for diversity but it'll be disingenuous.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Right now? From a visual/technical standpoint could be somewhere between Nicolas refn or villneuve, they just need classics

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably Denis Villeneuve

If he had more films under his belt I'd mention Ryan Coogler just off the strength of his storytelling.

Tarantino is an overrated director. So much of his shyt is just lifted from movies he enjoyed as a kid. He's a world class screenwriter thought.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think when it comes to a pure technical standpoint nobody can beat Scorsese or PTA. Those two have such an incredibly deep understanding of the intricacies of film that it feels like I'm watching a watchmaker at work, just putting every little piece in the exact right spot.

I've always said that if you give every filmmaker in the world the exact same scene on paper to shoot, you will get many great visions, but only two that would be technically perfect.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I think when it comes to a pure technical standpoint nobody can beat Scorsese or PTA. Those two have such an incredibly deep understanding of the intricacies of film that it feels like I'm watching a watchmaker at work, just putting every little piece in the exact right spot.

I've always said that if you give every filmmaker in the world the exact same scene on paper to shoot, you will get many great visions, but only two that would be technically perfect.
based on talent he should really have been the GOAT, his trajectory between boogie nights and magnolia signaled something to behold. But catalogues matter and since magnolia he's got lost in his genius. Self indulgent project after self indulgent project is just one too many. I could appreciate the master but inherent vice, my gawd what the hell was that?

I can't fault Scorsese but I feel he has a ghost director helping him these days. All his peers and even younger cats like spike Lee have fallen off yet he's still going? How does an 80 year old get the know how to be so contemporary in his style for something like WOWS