Best Buy is ending Elite and Elite Plus membership

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I guess with Total Tech membership for $199 a year the writing was on the wall but May 3rd 2022 All My Best Buy membership will be rolled all into 1 tier. That's the basic tier they have now.

Pretty sure that means return windows are 14 days for everyone. No more 2.5 or 5% in rewards back on all purchases. Also you can only bank points if you have their credit card which gets you 5% back as a special offer on certain purchases. Also the base tier everyone is being moved to doesn't get free 2 day shipping like Elite Plus did.

I'm pretty much done with Best Buy. They killed off GCU and now Elite and Elite Plus. I blame Amazon Prime.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Only bought because of the free rewards, I guess I can do Amazon only now

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Eh. I spent a lot of money there in 2020. Went back to amazon prime last year and haven't looked back. Amazon prime + costco is good enough for em.

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion
I guess with Total Tech membership for $199 a year the writing was on the wall but May 3rd 2022 All My Best Buy membership will be rolled all into 1 tier. That's the basic tier they have now.

Pretty sure that means return windows are 14 days for everyone. No more 2.5 or 5% in rewards back on all purchases. Also you can only bank points if you have their credit card which gets you 5% back as a special offer on certain purchases. Also the base tier everyone is being moved to doesn't get free 2 day shipping like Elite Plus did.

I'm pretty much done with Best Buy. They killed off GCU and now Elite and Elite Plus. I blame Amazon Prime.
You get 60 days with total tech

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You get 60 days with total tech
You used to get 60 days with Elite Plus and 30 days with Elite. All you had to do was buy $3500 or $1500 worth of items to qualify. If you were buying that stuff anyway it was good but now you have to pay $199 a year to get that perk.

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion
You used to get 60 days with Elite Plus and 30 days with Elite. All you had to do was buy $3500 or $1500 worth of items to qualify. If you were buying that stuff anyway it was good but now you have to pay $199 a year to get that perk.
I feel you. Total techs perks are cool. You get free install on all of your stuff if you need it... Included 2 years protection plans. It pays for itself if you spend that kinda money anyway when you think about it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel you. Total techs perks are cool. You get free install on all of your stuff if you need it... Included 2 years protection plans. It pays for itself if you spend that kinda money anyway when you think about it.
A credit card worth having doubles the 1 year manufacturer warranty so a 2 year is nothing. I guess free installs are cool if you need that.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I used to be a manager at Best Buy back in the day. Looks like they’re just skipping all the bs and making people sign up for what gets them the most profit which is those tech support plans. Can’t hate, but it’s not for me :russ:

I only use Best Buy when they have something I want on sale and I feel like splitting the payment in PayPal online.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I used to be a manager at Best Buy back in the day. Looks like they’re just skipping all the bs and making people sign up for what gets them the most profit which is those tech support plans. Can’t hate, but it’s not for me :russ:

I only use Best Buy when they have something I want on sale and I feel like splitting the payment in PayPal online.

I worked at Best Buy for 3 years, when they still forced us to sell magazine subscriptions

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion
A credit card worth having doubles the 1 year manufacturer warranty so a 2 year is nothing. I guess free installs are cool if you need that.
Eeeh dealing directly with best buy for your warranty shyt is faster and easier. Besides you can possibly double dip my g.