Best Black Actor Portrayal in Bio Pic?

Superstar
Daps
“We were in rehearsals and I was David Ruffin the entire time. And I found out later my costars didn't particularly care for me," he joked to host Tracy Clayton. “But I stayed in that role the entire time so I was always thinking of things and telling the director and producers and stuff and things that I had researched and the way things were."

“...I just said that line in rehearsal and [director] Allan Arkush came and whispered in my ear, and said, 'You know, he [Charles Malik Whitfield, who played Otis Williams] doesn't really like it when you say that,'" he continued. "And I turned to him and said, 'He's not supposed to...Did you see the reaction on his face when I said it? Isn't that what you want?'"

“I just improvise a line and next thing I know, it's like, that line follows me around the world," he added.

:myman:

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
“We were in rehearsals and I was David Ruffin the entire time. And I found out later my costars didn't particularly care for me," he joked to host Tracy Clayton. “But I stayed in that role the entire time so I was always thinking of things and telling the director and producers and stuff and things that I had researched and the way things were."

“...I just said that line in rehearsal and [director] Allan Arkush came and whispered in my ear, and said, 'You know, he [Charles Malik Whitfield, who played Otis Williams] doesn't really like it when you say that,'" he continued. "And I turned to him and said, 'He's not supposed to...Did you see the reaction on his face when I said it? Isn't that what you want?'"

“I just improvise a line and next thing I know, it's like, that line follows me around the world," he added.

:myman:

:mindblown: How did I forget this movie?

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
He did a good job capturing a lot of that David Ruffin fukkery.

Leon as David Ruffin

02.jpg

David Ruffin as David Ruffin :mjlol:

3f8f4edd77bc58493507feef0ccf54cb.jpg

image-asset.png