Best bank to open another savings account

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah just a regular head teller, I already had another savings with another bank but the interest was pretty low. Hence me asking the question now

I got you. Well others have already given similar suggestions to anything I'd contribute. If you're looking for options beyond the traditional savings account, you could always look into CD's (they're shyttee, but have higher yields than a savings account) or other money market accounts. Depending on how much bread you working with, investing is another option.

As far as the question about making more money, are you looking to stay in the banking sector? Or are you open to any finance-related role? Shoot, are also willing to go into a different industry altogether? For now, there really are hella options. But where you live and how hard you're willing to grind will shape which options are open for you.

Henryflo1

All Star
Daps
I got you. Well others have already given similar suggestions to anything I'd contribute. If you're looking for options beyond the traditional savings account, you could always look into CD's (they're shyttee, but have higher yields than a savings account) or other money market accounts. Depending on how much bread you working with, investing is another option.

As far as the question about making more money, are you looking to stay in the banking sector? Or are you open to any finance-related role? Shoot, are also willing to go into a different industry altogether? For now, there really are hella options. But where you live and how hard you're willing to grind will shape which options are open for you.
Nah I don't want to stay in banking. It is not for me, im open to other options.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah I don't want to stay in banking. It is not for me, im open to other options.

These next few years for IT will still be pretty lucrative. If you have the interest and aptitude for computer programming, there is still a decent amount of money to be made. The best part is that you can learn to code on your own. Build a few projects, develop a repo on Github, and you can make good money with a chance to leap to 6+ figures after a few years of experience. There are many bootcamps out there, as well. Then you have Microsoft that actually has their own training program (it's called LEAP, but you'd have to move to Washington if you got in).

If you like math/numbers, data science is HUGE right now. I don't know if you have any degrees, but there are a lot of good opportunities with data science. If your statistics, powerpoint, and research skills are on point, then this could be a good field for you to break into.

Obviously, there's a lot of money in getting your Series 7/6/63/66. But that's where the grinding has to come in.

I don't know how old you are or what degrees/experience you have. Those in addition to your interests could help you to get more relevant suggestions. The stuff I've said so far is pretty generic.

Henryflo1

All Star
Daps
These next few years for IT will still be pretty lucrative. If you have the interest and aptitude for computer programming, there is still a decent amount of money to be made. The best part is that you can learn to code on your own. Build a few projects, develop a repo on Github, and you can make good money with a chance to leap to 6+ figures after a few years of experience. There are many bootcamps out there, as well. Then you have Microsoft that actually has their own training program (it's called LEAP, but you'd have to move to Washington if you got in).

If you like math/numbers, data science is HUGE right now. I don't know if you have any degrees, but there are a lot of good opportunities with data science. If your statistics, powerpoint, and research skills are on point, then this could be a good field for you to break into.

Obviously, there's a lot of money in getting your Series 7/6/63/66. But that's where the grinding has to come in.

I don't know how old you are or what degrees/experience you have. Those in addition to your interests could help you to get more relevant suggestions. The stuff I've said so far is pretty generic.
I am actually studying IT right now In college that's the field I want to get into. Never was really a fan of coding, but the bootcamps for it sound pretty interesting. I'll consider it. Thanks for the advice though.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am actually studying IT right now In college that's the field I want to get into. Never was really a fan of coding, but the bootcamps for it sound pretty interesting. I'll consider it. Thanks for the advice though.
You're welcome. I'm doing software engineering now. Shyt is mad boring for me, but there are people on my team who absolutely love it. If you're getting a 4-year degree, make sure you choose a complementary major in conjunction with your CS degree. Like if you think you'd want to do project management or any sort of testing, then consider getting a second major in business management or operations management. If you think you might want to do some sort of software design or UX Testing, then consider a second major in marketing or economics/statistics. Either way, you want to gain experience programming right now. Even if you don't want to be a developer, showing that you have aptitude and initiative will open so many doors for you. And take advantage of internship opportunities to get a taste of what you might jump into after you graduate.

Henryflo1

All Star
Daps
You're welcome. I'm doing software engineering now. Shyt is mad boring for me, but there are people on my team who absolutely love it. If you're getting a 4-year degree, make sure you choose a complementary major in conjunction with your CS degree. Like if you think you'd want to do project management or any sort of testing, then consider getting a second major in business management or operations management. If you think you might want to do some sort of software design or UX Testing, then consider a second major in marketing or economics/statistics. Either way, you want to gain experience programming right now. Even if you don't want to be a developer, showing that you have aptitude and initiative will open so many doors for you. And take advantage of internship opportunities to get a taste of what you might jump into after you graduate.
I would definitely look into programming. I appreciate that.