Best and Worst Series Finales

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
With the ludicrously well received 'Breaking Bad' ending in a week, I'm sure the finale will be greatly discussed and debated, perhaps for years if not decades. It got me thinking, what are some of Coli's favorite & least-favorite series finales?

For me, 'Southland' is one of the ones in recent memory that was quite powerful and completely without any maudlin nonsense. At its best, the series was some of the most intense drama around, and the final episodes were exemplary of such potential.

At the same time, many finales have been :flabbynsick:. What say you brehs?

P.s: Most shows have endings that vary between pretty good and pretty bad. The only one that stands out for me on either end is Lost. So bad and so disappointing after years of building up to it...:ohlawd::wtf::camby:

Worst: Lost

Absolute worst: Lost

Writers should've been publicly executed: Lost

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Lost was such a stupid show lol. I can't believe people liked that show even leading up to the end.

BTW, what is there to debate with Breaking Bad? There doesn't seem like there will be much loose ends except for the possibility of one.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
best:6 feet under

worst:dinosaurs/david the gnome/roseanne :(

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Worst is no doubt Sopranos you just dont end a show that good like that:camby:

Best is the shield absolutely no loose ends, all the characters and storylines got tied up greatly:ohlawd:
I think the ending of the Sopranos went over fans heads. That was his last meal...the last thing he saw was his family and eating onion rings. He never saw it coming, yeah his family might have gotten that heat as well since the killer was probably that dude that went to the bathroom without a mask, but all of that is irrelevant. Tony got killed, it was all over and nothing else really mattered.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I think the ending of the Sopranos went over fans heads. That was his last meal...the last thing he saw was his family and eating onion rings. He never saw it coming, yeah his family might have gotten that heat as well since the killer was probably that dude that went to the bathroom, but all of that is irrelevant. Tony got killed, it was all over.

That is what happened...it should of been made more clear. Its just BS tv and its def a cop out. Ill never forget watching it live and the worst part is it was a great finale. That ending will always taint the show for me.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
That is what happened...it should of been made more clear. Its just BS tv and its def a cop out. Ill never forget watching it live and the worst part is it was a great finale. That ending will always taint the show for me.
I think they ended it that way because they wanted to leave a little possibility of a spin-off or some sort of continuation if people kept asking for it. With how popular that show was, I can't exactly blame the crew for leaving that window open. I think it was handled well personally

The ending of Breaking Bad has to be definitive though because of the whole premise of the show, so people worrying that its going to end on a bad note need to relax.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I think they ended it that way because they wanted to leave a little possibility of a spin-off or some sort of continuation if people kept asking for it. With how popular that show was, I can't exactly blame the crew for leaving that window open. I think it was handled well personally

The ending of Breaking Bad has to be definitive though because of the whole premise of the show, so people worrying that its going to end on a bad note need to relax.

Remembering live there was no talk or hope of a spinoff. It was only really the movie rumors keeping ppls hopes alive about the finale. But looking at how the show ended eveb before the diner scene....how could they make a Sopranos movie? All the important ppl were dead outside of the real family.

The only fear going into the finale of BB is the fact that they have to do something this show has never had to do. They gotta rush shyt to tie up everything. Theres too many storylines I want to see tied up and I just dont see all of em getting done in 75 minutes:to: