Reppin
NULL
foxx-222222.jpg

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles. While watching it I literally forgot that it was Jamie playing that role. He did it to perfection.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Just curious how or what are y’all basing it off?

Like I see a few of y’all chose actors that did characters that have been long dead and we never saw alive so can’t truly accurately compare/contrast the actor from the real life person.

Martha

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just curious how or what are y’all basing it off?

Like I see a few of y’all chose actors that did characters that have been long dead and we never saw alive so can’t truly accurately compare/contrast the actor from the real life person.

Martha

For me it’s the performance. On the real, unless any of us actually know these people personally, we can’t say how close someone is or isn’t to the real life thing. I never met Malcom or Lamotta, but I believe Denzel and Robert became those people for hours on end and did dope work as a result. That’s really the only way we can do it.

Now if someone does a movie based on a friend of mine or a relative, I can judge that more acutely and have a better grasp. But even if someone 20 years from now does a biopic on The Rock, none of us here will ever really know how close that person came to becoming Dwayne Johnson. We only know of the man what he chooses to show

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
For me it’s the performance. On the real, unless any of us actually know these people personally, we can’t say how close someone is or isn’t to the real life thing. I never met Malcom or Lamotta, but I believe Denzel and Robert became those people for hours on end and did dope work as a result. That’s really the only way we can do it.

Now if someone does a movie based on a friend of mine or a relative, I can judge that more acutely and have a better grasp. But even if someone 20 years from now does a biopic on The Rock, none of us here will ever really know how close that person came to becoming Dwayne Johnson. We only know of the man what he chooses to show

I respectfully agree with some points

And I respectfully disagree with others.

When there hours of footage and interviews or etc where can get enough just to gauge who this person is or what kind of person he generally is..... I don’t think to a degree you have to had sat with them over a few coffees or lunch to know them.

No one is really trynna look deep in anyone’s hearts and I don’t think these movies try to accomplish that.

We look for mannerisms, cadence, ticks, do they move or talk like said real person (which with footage we can clearly compare).

Basically we looking for someone that’s mastered how to “mimic” them.

How close do they look like said person.

I think those are valid.

I’ve seen enough of Ray or Steve Jobs or even recently The Rock over the years.

So we can tell how well someone “mimicked” them.

We’ve never saw George Washington, Lincoln, or etc real figure that’s been dead for centuries and the guys that portray them just have to do they best they can and add their own shyt.

Martha

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I respectfully agree with some points

And I respectfully disagree with others.

When there hours of footage and interviews or etc where can get enough just to gauge who this person is or what kind of person he generally is..... I don’t think to a degree you have to had sat with them over a few coffees or lunch to know them.

No one is really trynna look deep in anyone’s hearts and I don’t think these movies try to accomplish that.

We look for mannerisms, cadence, ticks, do they move or talk like said real person (which with footage we can clearly compare).

Basically we looking for someone that’s mastered how to “mimic” them.

How close do they look like said person.

I think those are valid.

I’ve seen enough of Ray or Steve Jobs or even recently The Rock over the years.

So we can tell how well someone “mimicked” them.

We’ve never saw George Washington, Lincoln, or etc real figure that’s been dead for centuries and the guys that portray them just have to do they best they can and add their own shyt.

Martha

Mannerisms are one thing but you can mimic that stuff. shyt I can mimic any and everything. Most smart ass kids can. But a great performance is goes beyond copying mannerisms and vocal inflection.

I’d say one of the reasons fassbender did such a great job as Steve jobs is because he didn’t go for easy mimic stuff and really tried to craft it as the man and not the man we knew. So that’s interviewing people who knew him, reading any and everything about him, and not getting too caught up in the image Steve presented.

But also just on some personal shyt, I don’t want to see you just mimic someone. Give me something deeper than that. A great perrolnce, for me, starts inward and moves out. So even if Jamie had ray Charles’ mannerisms down, he started with the inside and figured out who this guy is what he’s about. How did he get mad, how did he get sad, what pissed him off, what made him happy. DDL did the same thing with going to historians and listening to vocal recordings Lincoln did and crafted it from there.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Mannerisms are one thing but you can mimic that stuff. shyt I can mimic any and everything. Most smart ass kids can. But a great performance is goes beyond copying mannerisms and vocal inflection.

I’d say one of the reasons fassbender did such a great job as Steve jobs is because he didn’t go for easy mimic stuff and really tried to craft it as the man and not the man we knew. So that’s interviewing people who knew him, reading any and everything about him, and not getting too caught up in the image Steve presented.

But also just on some personal shyt, I don’t want to see you just mimic someone. Give me something deeper than that. A great perrolnce, for me, starts inward and moves out. So even if Jamie had ray Charles’ mannerisms down, he started with the inside and figured out who this guy is what he’s about. How did he get mad, how did he get sad, what pissed him off, what made him happy. DDL did the same thing with going to historians and listening to vocal recordings Lincoln did and crafted it from there.

I feel you, don’t get too caught up on my use of the word mimic..... I didn’t mean like in a “lifeless” way.

In a way one has to do that at the foundation to be the character. You can’t just take the name, put the costume on and say “hey I’m so and so” you gotta be about to “move like them” to even start to become them.

Book are great resources but you can only get so much out of books and afterwell it becomes “your personal perspective” that may differ from the next man.

If we told anyone right now to do an impression of Eddie Murphy pretty much everyone can do it and anyone specatating can say “oh hey, that’s Eddie Murphy” then we can dive in and see if it’s a good or bad version.

If we told someone to do Genghis Khan, no on or most wouldn’t know where to begin.... and no matter how much reading they do you would probably get a lot of folks doing different variations. And being you have nothing to really base it off, then it just becomes to who you think committed to an uncertainty the best.

Just because someone mimics don’t mean they don’t craft and get into something deeper. Jay Pharoah is a pretty good example because he can do all these people and then take it and have a regular conversation with you as them that feels like you are really talking to the real person.

Martha

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
One of the best I have ever seen was Christian Bale was dikky Eklund in The Fighter.

Uncanny.

Fighter.jpeg

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/51ce6099e4b0d911b4489b79/51ce61c3e4b0d911b449fd54/1292981239833/1000w/dikkie%20Eklund%20doc.png

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jamie Fox as Ray
foxx-222222.jpg

Tom Hardy as Charles Bronson
TELEMMGLPICT000002105041_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq92hKO6jAtmPrz4xYdDrmelEinND3d9VDjwHpSwOWrdA.jpeg

Denzel Washington is Malcolm X
17-CTEK-2251-MalcolmX-613x463.jpg

Bruno Ganz as Adolf Hitler
thshot0025.jpg

Forest Whitaker as Idi Amin
The-Last-King-Of-Scotland-(Forest-Whittaker)-1.jpg