Benjamin Dixon beefing with Briahna Gray over race vs class & identity politics

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Lmao yo that shyt was great. Dixon was on point...but the question Brie brought up, remains the same...can you win without the white working class vote? I may not like the way she goes about it, but neither third way/incrementalist or those to the left of the so called "berniebros" have ever provided an answer I find convincing from a data/probability standpoint.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Lmao yo that shyt was great. Dixon was on point...but the question Brie brought up, remains the same...can you win without the white working class vote? I may not like the way she goes about it, but neither third way/incrementalist or those to the left of the so called "berniebros" have ever provided an answer I find convincing from a data/probability standpoint.
its hilarious because you literally see Dixon doing a real-life: :weebaynanimated: when he realizes that white progressives still are trying to talk down to him :wow:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a caller on majority report asked michael brooks about it today.

i think his answer was right. brie panders way too hard to the MAGA crowd.

it's good to support policies that will benefit them (everyone who isn't rich), but it's their own choice to recognize that populism. we don't need to go beg them for their vote.

the problem is centrist candidates don't generally support these policies and unless you're obama good luck inspiring any kind of voting block that isn't your base.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
a caller on majority report asked michael brooks about it today.

i think his answer was right. brie panders way too hard to the MAGA crowd.

it's good to support policies that will benefit them (everyone who isn't rich), but it's their own choice to recognize that populism. we don't need to go beg them for their vote.

the problem is centrist candidates don't generally support these policies and unless you're obama good luck inspiring any kind of voting block that isn't your base.

I'm telling yall and I've BEEN telling yall...

:sas2:

@GzUp @wire28 @Return to Forever @ezrathegreat @Jello Biafra @humble forever @Darth Nubian @Dameon Farrow @General Bravo III @BigMoneyGrip @hashmander @Call Me James @VR Tripper @Iceson Beckford @dongameister @Soymuscle Mike @BaileyPark31 @Lucky_Lefty @johnedwarduado

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Short answer, no.

I really enjoyed reading Nixon / Gray's exchange though. Always good to see prominent people hash these things out in public view, and get a little peek behind the curtain.

The reality is that (justified) racial/ethnic particularism in politics (in this case, on behalf of AADOS) is never going to be palatable to ideological liberals. They're universalists. These two points of view are fundamentally impossible to reconcile.

Will they make use of it on a tactical, case-by-case basis to shore up support for their overarching strategic goals? Sure. Much in the same way that economic royalists will toss a few pieces of bread at the peasants every now and then to keep the pitchforks at bay. Political reality makes everyone a hypocrite - at least in the short-run.

But it won't ever go beyond that for them. We're never going to be their top priority. Nor will we ever be the top priority of their opponents.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Short answer, no.

I really enjoyed reading Nixon / Gray's exchange though. Always good to see prominent people hash these things out in public view, and get a little peek behind the curtain.

The reality is that (justified) racial/ethnic particularism in politics (in this case, on behalf of AADOS) is never going to be palatable to ideological liberals. They're universalists. These two points of view are fundamentally impossible to reconcile.

Will they make use of it on a tactical, case-by-case basis to shore up support for their overarching strategic goals? Sure. Much in the same way that economic royalists will toss a few pieces of bread at the peasants every now and then to keep the pitchforks at bay. Political reality makes everyone a hypocrite - at least in the short-run.

But it won't ever go beyond that for them. We're never going to be their top priority. Nor will we ever be the top priority of their opponents.