Ben told the nets that the stress of playing was the cause of his back flaring up

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
See this when Joe Blow gets insulted about his back breaking job that he hates getting paid $15/hr trying to feed his kids while this dude getting paid 8 figures can’t even dress out due to a “mental block”.

I usually give players the benefit of the doubt but this is disgusting. :scust:
And it is sad that there are dudes on this very site, putting strain on their body for $15-$20 an hour, who would get disciplined if they miss work, yet they are :cape: for Ben Simmons

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
And it is sad that there are dudes on this very site, putting strain on their body for $15-$20 an hour, who would get disciplined if they miss work, yet they are :cape: for Ben Simmons
Having depression and anxiety myself sometimes, I understand the mental health aspect. But dude's behavior over the past year can't be protected. He isn't trying to do anything. Won't fix his game, barely practices, doesn't want to play, like what do you want to do exactly? :mjtf:

I guess we'll find out the truth eventually but man, it just doesn't look good.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'd respect him a lot more if he was simply honest. He was never gonna play in this series. Instead of saying that, HIS people came out and said he was working towards a return. His people said it could happen in game 3, 4, or 5. His people were saying he was getting work done in practice, slowly getting to where he needed to be.

Maybe it's about the 20mil (which I'd be stunned if he got). Maybe it's about mental health. But this shyt is gonna be studied and discussed for a long ass time and the end result won't be pretty for the players. Or for Rich Paul.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not one for siding against a player in a dispute with billionaire teams, but I gotta side with Philly and Brooklyn against Simmons and his bullshyt. I hope he doesn't see a penny whenever he files a grievance.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The only stress his feeling is knowing he can’t shoot. Being tall got him this far but he’s been exposed. If his shooting has improved he would’ve been itching to get back. But it hasn’t and he can’t face the scrutiny.

How can his shooting improve if he doesn’t even try? We’ve seen dudes like Zo and Giannis become at least close to average shooters because they tried and effort. Simmons won’t even do that, which is weird because in summer league he was putting up jumpers so it can be done.