Being a program hopper unappreciation thread

semtex

:)
Daps
man I just read this article
http://mountaindogdiet.com/novice/workouts-novice/6-ways-optimize-training-program/

And realized I'm a program hopper for sure :aiscrust:

I recall fall of 2013 I was on the periodization bandwagon, that fell apart. Then I was on it again last summer, wandered off again. :childplease: I swear fo god I bet if I would have just stuck to the periodization training back in damn 2013 I'd look better. Instead I been stalling out and feelin like dooky :aiscrust:

I know some of u can relate especially @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! :barkley:

Rant over :wow:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:russ:

U know whats funny, last year I was pretty much on one program and actually made decent gains. I had to experiment a lot to figure out what worked for me but now I pretty much know, at least on the building muscle side. On the cutting side Im skrugglin cuh :mjcry:

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
I been doing the same 4 day split for 6 months :manny: shyt seem to be working well for me. im still weak compared to y'all but steady progress putting on mass

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Started doing compound lifts a few years ago and never looked back :win:

Yep. First seriously got into actually taking lifting serious about two years ago. For years I was training like a complete fukking retard, then again I was young. Was overweight and did nothing but fukk around in the gym doing random shyt, never squatted or deadlifted, never did pull-ups.

As of now, I've pretty much abandoned all of my isolation exercises.

All I do: bench, barbell ohp, weighted chins/chins, weighted dips/dips, deads, squat.

2-3 times a week, deload when I feel exhausted.

Wish I trained like this when I was still bulking.

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
I've been program hopping as well. Can't really find any good ones other than a few on BB.com. I guess I'm not looking hard enough.

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
leave humanity behind and join full body workout gang breh
I keep hearing this. Imma start next week upping working everything out twice a week, I dunno bout that full body though; :patrice: what does a your schedule look like for a day of lifting?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
IDK breh iso moves put critical meat on my arms

Im a believer
You can do both. I do my compound lifts, then I superset, bicep curls and tricep pull downs. My arms are pretty meaty now.
I keep hearing this. Imma start next week upping working everything out twice a week, I dunno bout that full body though; :patrice: what does a your schedule look like for a day of lifting?
Today: Squat >>> power clean >>> barbell rows >>>> tricep pull downs supersetted with bicep curls >>>>> pull ups, super setted with tricep dips....

And my current schedule is usually tuesday, thursday and saturday / sunday, depending on if I feel working out on the weekend or not....

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I try to lift as hard and heavy as I can every time I go, and I do dropsets for everything. If I feel I overtrained a certain muscle group, I simply deload.

If my forearms are zapped and sore cause I've been doing lots of "heavy" weighted chins, I'll reduce the weight or just do unweighted reps. I micromanage my deloads depending on the exercise.

If I want to focus on a particular exercise, I hit it hard and I hit it first. Always squat before I deadlift to preserve dem stabalizers for the deads, then again, I did weighted chin's first so stabalizers still got their donk diddled but fukk it.

Today I wanted to try and do a training max for OHP so I did OHP first. I'll name what I did from start to end in order.

Barbell overhead press, weighted chins, front squats, bench, deadlift (only one set of five), weighted dips

As a finisher, I always do a couple sets of ab isolation exercises. I usually do an endurance set and a "power" set. Endurance = strictly bodyweight, higher reps "power" = weights added

so today I did one 80 rep set of Marine-style crunches, then two sets of plate sit-ups with a 45-lb plate.

You do enough compounds like squats, OHP or deadlifts and your core will get a workout from those alone

Usually workout 2 or 3 times a week. I've noticed lately that my forearms are as defined as they've ever been from weighted chins. Only been seriously doing them for like 1-3 months.

Now, I've thrown all of my iso exercises in the bushes. I'm trying to preserve as much strength as a I can to cut and become a much better runner so I dgaf about having a lot of mass, but you can still tailor a full body program to your goals.