Beetlejuice Beetlejuice #1 Again #1 Again | The Domestic Box Office Thread | Sep. 13-15

Which Movie will Gross More this Weekend?

• Don't Worry Darling

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The Woman King

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Saw Boy Kills World today.. yeah only one other person in the theater. I'll be surprised if it's not outta the theater in another week or 2.

Was a fun flick too :francis:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
saw an article saying Abigail will drop 51% and be 5th this week in the box office.

horror just isn't drawing audiences. the last few vampire films have flopped. all the nun movies they release every month. its too much. and it all looks too similar.

shame because i thought it was pretty fun, but it also wasn't very different than ready or not lol

RELEASING A HORROR MOVIE
DURING NON HALLOWEEN SEASON
IS JUST IDIOTIC IN THIS DAY AND AGE

:devil:
:evil:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sinister is annoying and his storylines never make sense. Dude acts and dresses like he's a villain, to a one and done, obscure 90s anime who's only North American debut was a public access airing of a VHS copy...with shytty subs and even shytter Japanese dubbing

RELEASING A HORROR MOVIE
DURING NON HALLOWEEN SEASON
IS JUST IDIOTIC IN THIS DAY AND AGE

:devil:
:evil:

M3GAN came out in January last year and did well.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I'm not mad but people's obsession with the amount art makes is corny and why everything these days is trash and cookie cutter.

I would have told people back then they're cornballs as well. It's not affecting my pockets why would I give a fukk.
Just like people in the booth talk about record sales. People know they ain't making money off that. It's always going to be a point of discussion. Now there are those peeps who root against movies to bomb or albums to bomb and some think that when a movie is successful it's win for them. Can't control that but most people who discuss box office are just into numbers and find it interesting.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
What's at the Movies this Summer: 2024 Summer Box Office Preview

It's Thursday, May 2nd. That means tomorrow is officially the start of the summer season at the box office. Last summer had some monster hits. There was Barbie ($612.3M), Across the Spider-Verse ($381.2M) and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 ($358.9M). Don't forget Oppenheimer and its $310.6M, thanks in large part to large screen, IMAX to be specific. All told there were 13 Summer Blockbusters - that is $100 plus million dollar grossers. We also had surprise hits like Talk to Me which made $44.6M in the hot season, a movie I saw in the theater and very much enjoyed. Do we got some heat on the horizon?

May 3rd Releases

Ryan Gosling kicks the season off with The Fall Guy, which opens tomorrow.

Also releasing tomorrow is Tarot, a Sony horror pic with Ned Leeds from the MCU Spider-Man movies. Incredibly, this is not a Blumhouse production.

May 10th Releases

We got Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, the fourth release in the franchise since 2011.

May 17th Releases

Ryan Reynolds, who will appear again, shows up in IF, written and directed by John Krasinski. Steve Carell also stars alongside Krasinski, so we get an Office reunion.

We get another horror entry - The Strangers: Chapter 1, the first entry in the franchise since 2018's Prey at Night.

May 24th Releases

It's the return of Furiosa in A Mad Max Saga. I didn't care if a Fury Road but I may have to go back and re-watch it.

Chris Pratt is back with another voice role in an animated film, this time as Garfield in The Garfield Movie.

June 7th Releases

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are back with Bad Boys: Ride or Die. Bad Boys for Life made $206.3M back in 2020.

Dakota Fanning stars in The Watchers, a horror flick from Warner Bros., who, when not trying to lose the NBA rights, is trying to take the top spot at the box office this year.

June 14th Releases

Pixar makes an appearance with Inside Out 2, the sequel to Inside Out, which had a $90M opening in June of 2015. Can the sequel get Disney•Pixar outta their flopping funk?

Emma Stone and Willem Dafoe reteam with Poor Things director, Yorgos Lanthimos, in Kinds of Kindness. You already know this is probably @Lootpack most anticipated movie of the summer.

The Bikeriders, starring Austin Butler, is a movie I would see solely for Jodie Comer. I got no use for Butler. :manny:

June 28th Releases

We got a heavy hitter with A Quiet Place: Day One, with a story by John Krasinski.

July 3rd Releases

Independence Day weekend sees the release of a surefire smash hit with Despicable Me 4. Certified Summer Blockbuster.

July 5th Releases

MaXXXine is the 3rd entry in the Ti West's X franchise. I didn't really care for Pearl. I much preferred the more conventional X. Even though it was more conventional I still found it to be more entertaining movie.

July 12th Releases

We have another horror movie: Longlegs, which stars Nic Cage and Maika Monroe (It Follows, Watcher and Significant Other).

Channing Tatum and Scarlett Johansson star and Fly Me to the Moon, a rom-com that could maybe catch lightning in a bottle like Tatum's The Lost City with Sandra Bullock.

July 19th Releases

Glen Powell, Hollywood's New golden boy, in that he's a traditional tall, blonde, hunk :dame: stars in Twisters.

July 26th Releases

Now we get to the big dog. The movie to restore the MCU to prominence: Deadpool & Wolverine.

August 2nd Releases

We have another horror release with Cuckoo.

Zachary Levi and Lil Rel star in Harold and the Purple Crayon.

August 9th Releases

Videogame adaptations have been 🔥 lately and hopefully Borderlands continues that trend. Cate Blanchett, who is in dire need of my penis, slums it with Jack Black and Kevin Hart. Maybe this could be a hit in the vein of Dungeons & Dragons.

M. Night Shyamalan is back for the first time in a year in a half with Trap, which stars Josh Hartnett, back in a primetime summer slot after appearing in Oppenheimer last year. This looks like an updated Sudden Death with JCVD. :ehh:

August 16th Releases

Kevin Costner is back in the Western scene on the big screen with Horizon: An American Saga.

Alien: Romulus is the one I really wanna see. It's directed by Fede Alvarez, of Don't Breathe and Evil Dead fame. I was playing Alien: Isolation a few months ago, which was very atmospheric.

August 23rd Releases

Bill Skarsgård, who is the Boy in Boy Kills World, is The Crow. I never liked the original Crow. :hubie:

Channing Tatum is back again with Blink Twice, which is directed by Zoe Kravitz. :mjpls: Might be worth it for Adria Arojna tho. :patrice:

Those are all the big releases that will be in theaters this summer. Which flicks are y'all looking forward to seeing the most? I think it might be Alien: Romulus for me.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm not mad but people's obsession with the amount art makes is corny and why everything these days is trash and cookie cutter.

I would have told people back then they're cornballs as well. It's not affecting my pockets why would I give a fukk.
Discussion is not obsession. A film flopping or hitting at the box office doesn’t affect my pockets but it can dictate what kind of project a director puts out in the future.

You don’t need to have stock in a company to care about this stuff when you’re pitching your hard-earned money into these productions at the theater.

What’s corny is posting in threads you clearly don’t like. Which is something that a lot of y’all here like to do for some reason.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
From a money perspective, I think Despicable Me 4, Inside Out 2, and Deadpool and Wolverine have the best chances of making the most money. I could see Twisters doing really well too.

Personally I'm looking forward to Mad Max, Maxinne, Alien Romulus, and Deadpool and Wolverine the most.

Rooting for Trap and The Watchers to have some original movies do well.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
From a money perspective, I think Despicable Me 4, Inside Out 2, and Deadpool and Wolverine have the best chances of making the most money. I could see Twisters doing really well too
Yeah those look to be the safe picks. A lot of middle tier money makers mixed in. See how well Apes does. Doesn't look like most of these will be surpassing 200 mill domestically.