Beetlejuice Beetlejuice #1 Again #1 Again | The Domestic Box Office Thread | Sep. 13-15

Which Movie will Gross More this Weekend?

• Don't Worry Darling

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The Woman King

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Rest of the summer looking very weak. Hopefully Nope is dope but not excited for the remainder of titles this summer.

Yeah slate is looking weak. We got:

"The Black Phone" on the 24th.

"Minions: The Rise of Gru" on July 1st. That should do some numbers with the kids.

"Thor" will clean up come July 8th.

"American Carnage" on July 15th could be a sleeper hit. It's a horror comedy with a budding horror scream queen: Jenna Ortega. It's got the dude who played Jason in the Spider-Man movies. It also has Cal from Euphoria who was sniffing barstools in gay bars and pissing in foyers.

anigif_sub-buzz-1631-1643655917-2.gif

"Nope" on July 22nd. Like u said. Let's hope Nope is dope and Jordan Poole don't pull a rope a dope and hit us with the okie doke.

Last edited:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
These updates are dope. Good to see so many folks return to the theaters like this. I’m a tad bit tempted to do Top Gun but with it being out of a lot (or all) of the Dolby or IMAX joints now I dunno :francis:

I was wracking my brain earlier this week trying to figure out how the summer box office gon be. Thor really is the only big blockbuster I could think of. I do hope that Nope is good, And can do good.

Avisible Man

Daps
These updates are dope. Good to see so many folks return to the theaters like this. I’m a tad bit tempted to do Top Gun but with it being out of a lot (or all) of the Dolby or IMAX joints now I dunno :francis:

I was wracking my brain earlier this week trying to figure out how the summer box office gon be. Thor really is the only big blockbuster I could think of. I do hope that Nope is good, And can do good.

Thanks breh :salute: I appreciate that. Top Gun looks like it's out of IMAX where I live too. Probably still worth it to watch on the big screen. It likely won't be on Paramount+ till July 11th if it sticks to the 45 day theatrical window.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
51 mil for a Disney Pixar film from an established franchise. :picard:

Its a spinoff. Spinoff’s don’t historically do the same numbers as the main franchise from which the IP is based

The reviews have been middling so its not like great word of mouth gave it a huge buzz (for contrast the reviews and buzz for Maverick were almost universally positive.

It was released within the Jurassic World window on FATHER’S DAY weekend. Most fathers would rather see Dinosaurs or Military men flying warplanes over a cartoon. And most kids would pick Dinosaurs as well. The Jurassic Park franchise is still a behemoth and kind of sucked the air out of Lightyear’s potential audience.

I actually think the Toy Story franchise works best with all of the characters TOGETHER. Thats how audiences relate to them. Buzz without Woody is like Kid without Play. The shyt don’t balance out. They’d be better off sticking to Disney Plus spinoff content and keeping the gang together for theatrical content

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

"Minions: The Rise of Gru" on July 1st. That should do some numbers with the kids.

"American Carnage" on July 15th could be a sleeper hit. It's a horror comedy with a budding horror scream queen: Jenna Ortega. It's got the dude who played Jason in the Spider-Man movies. It also has Cal from Euphoria who was sniffing barstools in gay bars and pissing in foyers.

"Nope" on July 22nd. Like u said. Let's hope Nope is dope and Jordan Poole don't pull a rope a dope and hit us with the okie doke.
The Black Phone looks fantastic though. :dwillhuh: Idk what kind of numbers it will pull in, but I hope it does decent. I didn't even know that was Ethan Hawke at first.

Avisible Man

Daps
Paramount has been the sleeper studio this year as far as hits goes.

Top Gun Maverick
The Lost City
Sonic 2
Scream
Jackass Forever

:salute:

Those 5 movies have grossed $640,728,867 for Paramount, this year, domestically. Worldwide, it's $1,432,625,634. $640.7 Million domestically and $1.4 Billion worldwide, for the first half of the year, from the Big 5's number 5 studio? :obama:

The Black Phone looks fantastic though. :dwillhuh: Idk what kind of numbers it will pull in, but I hope it does decent. I didn't even know that was Ethan Hawke at first.

Those movies I listed were the movies I thought would be good / do numbers. The Black Phone does look good. My lil nephew wants to see it and he's 7 :whoa::dead:I think it reminds him of Poppy Playtime. I love horror movies so I'm glad he's showing an interest. And good for Ethan Hawke, popping up in Moon Knight and now, looking like a live action Batman the Animated Series' Joker, abducting kids in basements with no windows:manny: Scott Derrickson is the director. He directed Doctor Strange. He also has a pretty good track record with horror: Sinister (also starred Ethan Hawke), The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and Deliver Us from Evil (to a lesser degree). He also *double checks IMDb* made his feature film directorial debut with... Hellraiser: Inferno. :leon: Who knew?

tumblr_n1vze1dDci1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

If word of mouth is good, BLack Phone might do decently enough.

Thor should do well..

1st I'm even hearing of American Carnage

Hopefully Nope doesn't let us down

Avisible Man

Daps
If word of mouth is good, BLack Phone might do decently enough.

Thor should do well..

1st I'm even hearing of American Carnage

Hopefully Nope doesn't let us down

Here's a review of Black Phone. Dudes in the comments were picking the review apart for writer's lack of attention to detail amongst other things.

I watched X recently which had Jenna Ortega in it. I recognized her from the new Scream so I looked her up on IMDb and saw she was in American Carnage. I enjoyed Scream and X so I have some hope for this new shyt.

I liked Poole's follow-up to Get Out, Us. Tough to follow up that rookie of the year campaign but he did aight given the expectations. We'll see what he got in store with Nope.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Those 5 movies have grossed $640,728,867 for Paramount, this year, domestically. Worldwide, it's $1,432,625,634. $640.7 Million domestically and $1.4 Billion worldwide, for the first half of the year, from the Big 5's number 5 studio? :obama:

Those movies I listed were the movies I thought would be good / do numbers. The Black Phone does look good. My lil nephew wants to see it and he's 7 :whoa::dead:I think it reminds him of Poppy Playtime. I love horror movies so I'm glad he's showing an interest. And good for Ethan Hawke, popping up in Moon Knight and now, looking like a live action Batman the Animated Series' Joker, abducting kids in basements with no windows:manny: Scott Derrickson is the director. He directed Doctor Strange. He also has a pretty good track record with horror: Sinister (also starred Ethan Hawke), The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and Deliver Us from Evil (to a lesser degree). He also *double checks IMDb* made his feature film directorial debut with... Hellraiser: Inferno. :leon: Who knew?

tumblr_n1vze1dDci1rp0vkjo1_500.gif
I may try to catch and support it sometime next week. I feel like the big things against is obviously the Elvis biopic, which I'm sure will attract the older crowd, and cultural moods could be volatile for a film about children in danger in the wake of the school shootings in Uvalde last month. We'll see. :yeshrug: I'm definitely going to see Nope next month for sure just because it's a Jordan Peele film.

Avisible Man

Daps
Jeremy Jahns' review for Black Phone. He's one of my favorite YouTubers and I usually agree with his reviews. He's a big fan of horror movies too. Looks like it's worth checking out.