Be Real, tho. 30 Rock was a modern GOAT series.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
It did have some great recurring characters though...Dot Com, Jack's secretary, Dennis (fukking beeper salesman :dead:)

dennis had me dying every single time. plus Donaghy was constantly wildin'. that nikka was never wrong or surprised. plus, if you've read tina fey's book, Bossy Pants, you know that the show wasn't even supposed to happen. it was a straight up underdog series from the jump and it was pure gold, imo. so much replay value.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's Always Sunny

:patrice:

challenger08gif.gif

danny devito is sick. i can't deny that. 30 rock had more pull and writing (debatable) but 'always' had waaaay better comedic acting, imho. did always sunny ever have steve buscemi tho? and kelsey grammer was pure gold as a guest. and 'always' never went live did they? 30 rock deserves the crown.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I liked it , even better than Modern Family , which I never got into besides wanting to get into Sofia Vergara :noah: and Its Always Sunny, which I found racist :scusthov: for me being black

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It never really hooked me like The Office or Parks & Rec, but it was a great show.

This is an ALL-TIME classic sitcom scene though....

Show was best when it was dealing with Jack and Liz storyline....the others often went a little too absurd for me :yeshrug:

i respeck it. i gotta watch more parks and rec but from what i've seen, i haven't really felt anything other than Tom and you can't say that show would even be a contender with Aziz in that role.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
i respeck it. i gotta watch more parks and rec but from what i've seen, i haven't really felt anything other than Tom and you can't say that show would even be a contender with Aziz in that role.

Tom? :what:

Ron Swanson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tom is like, the 7th most interesting character on the show

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tom? :what:

Ron Swanson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tom is like, the 7th most interesting character on the show

i see where you coming from but ron is overrated :yeshrug:.

maybe that's harsh but i think that the deadpan humor is done better by many others. perhaps not in a sitcom so maybe i'm getting off topic but that's my reason. i'm not gonna say he makes the shyt because he's all "i hate people and i have a mustache.". Absurdity appeals to me first and foremost, hence me saying 30 rock is the GOAT and Tom is the only reason worth watching. i won't say i won't queue it up and watch PAR objectively, tho. i got free netflix til i'm 85 so i'll give it a shot.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:

challenger08gif.gif

danny devito is sick. i can't deny that. 30 rock had more pull and writing (debatable) but 'always' had waaaay better comedic acting, imho. did always sunny ever have steve buscemi tho? and kelsey grammer was pure gold as a guest. and 'always' never went live did they? 30 rock deserves the crown.
Although I admire that they did live episodes, those episodes were really bad. Plus, you know a show is falling off when every other episode relies on a guest star.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched the whole series straight through on Netflix. Definitely a classic

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
The first two seasons were :ohlawd:

After that: :ld:

I think when 30 Rock started to be considered the "best comedy on TV" and celebrities started making guest appearances, that's when it fell off.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I've been watching it for the first time and while the first seasons are fresh it gets pretty tired by season 5. Outside of Liz and Jack most of the characters become parodies of themselves over time.