Be honest, do online Multiplayer games need battle royal to survive now?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of peoples said Halo would die if it didn’t implement a battle royal and it looks like 343 are working on one now.

The most people online games have been battle royal. I do think it greatly increased the gaming market also, even stuff like Fall Guys did really well.

Even games like Factions and Twisted Metal I feel will be DOA if they don’t have BR. What do yall think?

@OnlyFrans

Chef

All Star
Daps
Halo’s issue was a lack of content. I don’t think they have support studios to make maps at a rate to support seasonal content. shyt, I’m pretty positive they don’t have a roadmap yet either. That development hell they went through it’s still echoing a few months after release.

On battle royales, they’re getting old and very few developers have tweaked the core gameplay since it’s simple at its core. It low key pushed developers away from innovation and design. They’re pretty much just there to make money through their shop first and offer gameplay second

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How much is Halo flop due to a lack of battle royal vs just being boring with an antiquated core gameplay? I'm legitimately asking if the 2nd option couldn't be moreso the factor at play here.

Apex Legends, Fortnite, Warzone are gonna be the top 3 multiplayer games for the unforeseeable future.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Halo’s issue was a lack of content. I don’t think they have support studios to make maps at a rate to support seasonal content. shyt, I’m pretty positive they don’t have a roadmap yet either. That development hell they went through it’s still echoing a few months after release.

On battle royales, they’re getting old and very few developers have tweaked the core gameplay since it’s simple at its core. It low key pushed developers away from innovation and design. They’re pretty much just there to make money through their shop first and offer gameplay second

Gospel

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Halo launched without many core features. If you look at the community complaints it aint been about battle royal, its been “why is desync not fixed?” “Where is Forge?”
“Why only 10 maps?” “Why are they charging money for the color white that was free in halo 1-5?” “Why cant i earn credits?” “Whats up with the random vehicles drops?” “Why is the ranking system so fukked?”

Every time Halo followed an industry trend, it lost population quickly after launch. So no, i dont think slapping a battle royal on Halo is gonna change anything.

The ones you keep seeing asking for battle royal are….streamers….who just so happen to get their views/money from playing battle royals. No self serving intentions tho, right?:troll:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
How much is Halo flop due to a lack of battle royal vs just being boring with an antiquated core gameplay? I'm legitimately asking if the 2nd option couldn't be moreso the factor at play here.
halo's mp is drying up a record speeds because its held together with duct tape and the developers act like changing/fixing the smallest things require months of deliberation and testing. there's no reason why the connections should be that bad, no reason ghost bullets should exist, no reason audio feedback still flat out lies, no reason progression is a continuous fukk you to the dedicated players still at it, no reason private lobbies are still garbage, etc

its not a battle royale thing at all

fr

it shouldn't be hard to acknowledge how they've straight up dropped the ball and shown not a single fukk about picking it up at reasonable pace considering all the momentum they started with.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
halo's mp is drying up a record speeds because its held together with duct tape and the developers act like changing/fixing the smallest things require months of deliberation and testing. there's no reason why the connections should be that bad, no reason ghost bullets should exist, no reason audio feedback still flat out lies, no reason progression is a continuous fukk you to the dedicated players still at it, no reason private lobbies are still garbage, etc

its not a battle royale thing at all

fr

it shouldn't be hard to acknowledge how they've straight up dropped the ball and shown not a single fukk about picking it up at reasonable pace considering all the momentum they started with.
:hamster::sadcam: spooooky

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Halo Infinite's problem wasn't a lack of a battle royale mode, it was a lack of progression, modes taken out and a shoddy battle pass.

They had a five years plus to make a great game yet it still came out the oven early.
they could barely keep a BTB match working without a hitch. imagine them trying to slap a battle royale together :mjlol: