Bayonetta 2 just set a new benchmark for action games.(GOTG)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Barack-Obama-Crying.gif

I just beat Bayonetta 2 and.... that shyt deserves a written review from me.

e6u4ok.gif

Absolute Masterpiece

I don't even know where to begin. *clears throat*
Barack-Obama-Crying.gif

There's no way any action game can top this this generation. No exaggeration. Not a new God of War game, a new Ninja gaiden, Devil May cry nothing. Only a Bayonetta 3 or Platinum games developed title maybe but that's just a guess..

R.I.P. DMC/NG/MGR/GOW

Hopefully that scalebound game is good but again it's not just the action alone that makes Bayonetta 2 game so damn good, it's the sum of its parts. Other games may be good on their own merit but it's going to be hard to find another that's just equally on par imo. I got that feeling after beating it of wanting to start RIGHT over. :wow:

This game is pretty much perfect. Bayonetta 1 was one of the best action games I've played last gen and Bayonetta 2 just surpassed that in all aspects. I haven't even done the online mode yet and there's a GANG of shyt to unlock like weapons, skins(plus the nintendo skins like
zlCfzSnKCYkUTDtMtU
this) and other goodies and I already want to start right over.

The graphics look so much better than bayonetta 1 from an art point of view. It's much more colorful than its predecessor andthe amount of shyt going on while fighting has been increased drastically. Fighting atop a flying jet in a densely populated city with a bunch of giant flying monsters swiping at you while you're still fighting regular mob of enemies is just :wow:. It running at 60fps to boot is just icing on the cake. It may be 720P and not have AA but it's so much going on that you don't even notice it in game. If this game were on PC it'd be godly.
lZL0gtn.gif

HvLzHc3.gif

The set pieces were fukking insane. The entire game just was a roller coaster of hype. There was hardly ever a dull moment and the pacing was just right. Pretty much every damn boss battle or new enemy encounter felt like end of the game battles from other action games. The way each enemy whether infernal demons or angels of paradiso was introduced made each encounter awesome. The game's presentation is top fukking notch. They didn't fukk around with that aspect at all. There's even a part that you'll appreciate if you played Bayonetta 1 first. I loved how they did it.

The gameplay is fukking fantastic. Combo galore, superb hit feedback and satisfactory visuals all complement the action. Animations are a beauty to behold. The way Bayonetta is animated when doing attacks were nothing short of amazing. Each weapon had it's own style and feel and despite all the animations the gameplay didn't suffer. Stringing together certain combos that require pauses inbetween inputs or switching between weapons mid fight while dodging and evading enemy attacks requires some good dexterity. It isn't no walk in the park during later fights. There's so much depth to the gameplay.
iFv9i69f9kwjE.gif

ibrbBNZm0CCMcd.gif

The music is just :ohlawd: The first track called Moon River that plays during the prologue fight damn near brought a tear to my eye. It was damn good. Nuff said.

The story didn't make much sense but the game was so damn good that I honestly didn't even care. The acting was decent. It's one of those games were the story doesn't even matter at some point. I just wanted to keep playing.

The replay value looks very good. There's already a bunch of stuff to do even when you're done and the fact that Bayonetta 2 comes with Bayonetta 1 which by itself has a lot of unlockables this game is EASILY worth $60. I didn't even know there was a co-op online mode in this game :wow: I mean :damn: I already want to beat the game over multiple times hopefully time permits me. :wow:

I want this title to get a third entry. This game is way too good to not get the recognition it deserves. It being on the Wii U some will probably downplay it or think it's not really that great cuz they can't get over their fanboy issues but :yeshrug: I don't see anything outclassing this game anytime soon.

If you don't got a Wii U :ld: ....you better find a way to at least play this if you call yourself a serious gamer. I had no idea Bayonetta 2 would be this damn good. I was planning on playing it no doubt but it didn't come to mind as a game that I'd REALLY enjoy like that.

It actually deserves the scores it got imo. 11/10 if I could review it.

It deserves GOTY imo. It'll probably end up being one of the best games of this generation. Game of the generation contender. :wow:

11/10!

The Good
  • Amazing Gameplay
  • Great replay value
  • Great music
  • Excellent pacing
  • Wide variety of battles
  • Action
The Bad

• It's actually too good
  • The game comes to an end
  • The final boss fight is slightly underwhelming compared to the first game's boss
Other than that.. it's pretty much one of the GOATS as of now.

11/10!

CjoKv1N.gif

They even got the Star Fox lock on cursor and sound effects in this shyt :gladbron:

zlCfzSnKWc0S-zkahe

:wow:.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Amazon still hadn't sent me my shyt. I'm beyond pissed at this point :pacspit:

I want to play this game so bad :stopitslime:
What the fukk how it still ain't come yet? :dead:

The game came out almost two weeks ago :dead:.

Man you need to play this. Play Bayo 1 first if you didn't beat it as that game is just as good. Bayo 2 is just better. :ahh: What a great fukking game.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What the fukk how it still ain't come yet? :dead:

The game came out almost two weeks ago :dead:.

Man you need to play this. Play Bayo 1 first if you didn't beat it as that game is just as good. Bayo 2 is just better. :ahh: What a great fukking game.
USPS in Houston (:pacspit:) lost it or something. I'm tracking it and it's just been in transit for days.

I'm seriously never buying from Amazon again. I'm gonna talk shyt on Amazon to everybody I know. I'm pissed!!!!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh shyt they got the star fox costume pimped out with the arwing ship as guns :wow:.
I didn't even see one of the new weapons for the game. :wow:

Jeanne plays even harder than Bayonetta :wow: they even modeled the costumes in cut scenes. :wow:

:mindblown: even the jet Jeanne flies in in the demo is changed to the star fox ship when you use her :wow: so much dedication :wow:

Daps
:ehh:

I been watching videos of it for awhile, looks pretty fukking epic breh....

just hope nintendo fans support it...

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's one of the few games that surpasses all hype and it's truly a MUST play. I would buy a wii U for this game alone, if I had to. I give all the respect in the world to nintendo for making this game a reality as Sega actually cancelled it and nintendo stepped in and paid for everything. Dragon Age is gonna have to be a fukkin masterpiece to fukk with bayonetta this year.