Battlefield 5 coming! Reveal next week, 5/23.

ThreeSixMafia

Rookie
Daps
I'm skeptical of bf5. I really wanted them to go with a vietnam theme. Ww2 has been done to death. Not a lot of nam games out besides rising storm on pc.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man I know it’s alpha but I’m getting about 30fps less on this game than BF1. And it doesn’t look that much better :wow:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So some thoughts

- This is probably the least gimmicky Battlefield game I've played since BC2. No auto lock on, no sweet spot mechanic, no super soldiers, no dying from behemoths. Just straight up gunplay. I haven't gotten killed by a plane yet. Actually, I haven't even gotten killed by a sniper yet (or a grenade for that matter). I like not having to put on a gas mask every minute. Overall, gameplay wise, I'm not gonna say they're doing anything spectacularly new here. They've just dialed back on the bullshyt and that's really all that was needed.

- The TTK is good. It's better than BF1 is right now. I actually hopes it stays this way. You will feel good about getting kills on this game. The pace is a lot slower than previous titles. You don't have access to unlimited ammo. So you will pick and choose shots more carefully.

- New revive mechanic is cool. You still have squad mates running past your body. Nothing you can do about that :beli:

- Maybe it's not implemented yet but I don't think I've seen any type of fortification stuff yet. Or maybe it's not on conquest. Haven't played grand operations yet. Can't connect to a server :snoop:

Overall, I'm liking this. Just hard to play without getting a headache. The performance is all over the place.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
we got our M16 AEK micro bursting meta back :mjlol:welcome to every weapon playing the exact same again:beli::blessed:

:camby: dude is a BF1 fanboy. Mad that the game doesnt play like BF1 of Duty anymore. I myself am a skeptic too but this dude is clearly a homer. Seems like They goin back to their BF2/3 gun mechanic roots again as they should.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Haven’t watched the video but guns do feel different from each other if that’s the complaint. You just not getting random bullet deviation. You’re not gonna be surprised with where the bullets land unlike the bullshyt you get with BF1 at times.