Battlefield 4: PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One comparison

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok

The most discerning graphics pixel counters will find fodder for pointed fingers and debate on next-gen platforms,as neither console is rendering Battlefield 4 at a native 1080p resolution. The Xbox One version ofBattlefield 4 is currently rendering at 1280x720, while the PS4 is natively rendering at 1600x900. As a result, the PS4 version is somewhat sharper than the Xbox One release. Other than that, the two games look very similar over the course of Battlefield 4's singleplayer campaign, with the same lighting and framerate throughout (see gallery below for unmarked screenshots from both systems — see if you can tell which is which).

Unfortunately, at this time, we can't provide final verdicts for either the Xbox One or PS4 versions of the game. Microsoft has specified that review scores must be held until November 12th at 9:00AM PST, and we were not given the opportunity to play the Xbox One version's multiplayer component. Regarding PS4, there were serious stability issues that repeatedly led to crashes after multiplayer matches concluded. As the PS4 is still more than two weeks away from its November 15th launch date, it seems premature to assume that this issue will not be resolved — and penalizing the game this far from the PS4's launch doesn't seem especially fair. We will further evaluate both next generation versions of Battlefield 4 once they launch on their respective platforms next month.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The Xbox version looks better to me, but I could change my TV settings to get the PS4 version to look the same :yeshrug:

Not getting the game anyway, but this is 900p vs 720p can't see shyt that is really different :bryan:

That up-scaling chip in the X1 must work or all this talk was a bunch of BS:skip:

Now go look at ryse and tell me xbox is in trouble the Gen :youngsabo:

And this is with the bad devs tools :damn:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

For a second I thought i was getting trolled as I thought this was PS4 vs XO again but damn the PC version looks so crisp. The scene in particular where nathan drake is hanging and that helicopter crashes into the side of that building you can see how clear the ground textures look whereas on the PS4 it's blurry.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
I guess I can respect some of these decisions Microsoft made. Though I like higher resolution stuff... I think picture quality may trump that. did someone say BALANCE?
And it only get better as the tools improve the X1. yep Im not seeing the 50% and it arguably looks better on X1.:ohhh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bf4com4zroo.jpg

The jaggies are much more pronounced on the Xbox One version. Look at the powerlines on the right pic. In all honesty it ain't like you gonna have both of them playing side by side so :yeshrug:.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
"As you may notice in our screengrabs, the actual results on PS4 lack the corresponding level of crystal clarity we'd expect of such a significant resolution boost. This should surely be a home run for Sony's console, but what is likely to be a software-based upscale to 1080p delivers less-than-stellar returns, and for better or worse leaves the Xbox One with an often crisper looking, albeit much more aliased image."

X1 has a better scaler? :lolbron:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4